[Impression] Tube Amp BL-2 - Portable Miniature-tube Amp from China
Jan 21, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:
ClieOS

The first Continental was released over 3 years ago now, so I'm sure that any valve longevity issues would of surfaced by now. Incidentally, have you noticed how aesthetically the BL-2 is very similar to the Continental? The volume knob markings are identical. 

Andy. 

Well, good then.

However, Tube Amp previous portable tube amp, the BL-1, which has similar look to Continental, has been in the Chinese market since 2005.

This is not a Continental discussion thread, so let just stop there unless it is about BL-2.

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #17 of 27
How serious is the output impedance issue? I am considering getting one here in China (at a price of about RMB 1,800 / GBP 180) for my transportable / hotel room rig, to be used with an iBasso DX50 (sounds amazing, but buggy UI) and Beyerdynamic DT48e (25 Ohms). It would be replacing an iBasso P4 "Warbler".

Unfortunately, the ASP TUR-06 is just a little too expensive (especially once customs duty has been added on)...

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #18 of 27
How serious is the output impedance issue? I am considering getting one here in China (at a price of about RMB 1,800 / GBP 180) for my transportable / hotel room rig, to be used with an iBasso DX50 (sounds amazing, but buggy UI) and Beyerdynamic DT48e (25 Ohms). It would be replacing an iBasso P4 "Warbler".

Unfortunately, the ASP TUR-06 is just a little too expensive (especially once customs duty has been added on)...

That largely depends what headphone you are going to use with the amp. The two major points about avoiding high output impedance are 1) dampening and 2) impedance interaction (coloration). Dampening usually affect larger speaker more than smaller speaker, but it is hard to tell how much it will affect the DT48e. Coloration however can be told (somewhat) by looking at the impedance curve of the headphone. Judging from the measurement by Tyll @ InnerFidelity, I'll say the effect of high output impedance on DT48e should be close to minimum.

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #19 of 27
Would you consider the BL-2 to be an upgrade over the P4?

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #20 of 27
Sep 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #21 of 27
How would you say it compares with the Continental?

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #22 of 27
How would you say it compares with the Continental?

Well, I still can't answer you since you keep asking me about amp the I have not listened before.

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #23 of 27
Has anyone tried the BL-2 with Grados?

They generally tend to work well with hybrids...

Nov 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #24 of 27
Have just got myself a pair of DT250-250s to go with this amp. This is an excellent combination! More impressions to follow...

Nov 14, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #25 of 27
just do it,I have been using the Heir 4.Ai and have found the high mids a lot more prominent and the prominence in fact continues down into the treble. it makes the amp sound like it is oozing a lot more clarity. The sound is as you said noticeable richer and this is generally across the range, more energy in everything, mainly the treble and the mids a little bit.thanks you for sharing.
hDDnd7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back