[Impression] FiiO E10
Apr 4, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #1,306 of 1,324
My 2 E10's dont sound that great so I gave up on them.  I dont feel like mailing them to China to be looked at so I am sticking to my Audioengine D1 

They tend to get scratchy after being on pause so then I have to disconnect the USB and reconnect it.... its a pain in the ass Im sick of dealing with it...

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #1,307 of 1,324
Does anyone else have issues with the E10 in a USB 3.0 port? When I had just given my PC a blow out to remove the dust, I put everything back as normal but I couldn't remember if I had my E10 in a USB 2 or 3 port. I put it in USB 3 and my PC was just totally unresponsive. (mouse and keyboard wouldn't do anything) My computer is a few years old and didn't come with USB 3 so I had to install that separately. However, it really doesn't work with it which makes me wonder how the E10 works with more up to date PCs/laptops that only have USB 3. Unless it is the USB 3 I installed that was causing the issue.

This problem isn't to do with the fact the my computer was dusty at all though as it is clean now..

Another issue I am having with my E10 is the amount of crackling when turning the volume dial when music is playing. It is so loud and distorts the music at times.
Shame my E10 is having issues so soon. I haven't had it that long.

May 20, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #1,308 of 1,324
Anyone have issues with crackling when adjusting the volume on these? I bought one about 6 months ago as my MB PSU is very noisy.
Anyway, this hasn't really had much use, but this crackling is very annoying, any common fault?

May 20, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #1,309 of 1,324
  Anyone have issues with crackling when adjusting the volume on these? I bought one about 6 months ago as my MB PSU is very noisy.
Anyway, this hasn't really had much use, but this crackling is very annoying, any common fault?

If you look at my posts towards the bottom of page 87, you will see my issues with it. It seems to have been better over the past week though.

The good thing is that is still sounds very good but just when I am not moving the dial. It sometimes makes some very loud crackling then turning the dial as you say.

May 20, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #1,310 of 1,324
Yes the thing sounds fine, but the whole reason I bought it was to reduce noise. And here I am with a noisy volume knob.
This it the second fiio product that has died prematurely on me, and will be the last product I buy from this company. Not impressed.

May 21, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #1,311 of 1,324
  Yes the thing sounds fine, but the whole reason I bought it was to reduce noise. And here I am with a noisy volume knob.
This it the second fiio product that has died prematurely on me, and will be the last product I buy from this company. Not impressed.

I think you have just been unluckey. What was your other FiiO product?

I have have the E5, E10 E11, D03K and the X3 all by FiiO and they are still all working fine accept the odd noise issue with my E10. FiiO are getting much better with their customer service. I had an issue with my E11 the first year I got it and it got sorted out. My E11 is now several years old and looks pretty damaged, dented and scratched but it is still working fine.

The one thing that is a shame is the 1 year warranty on FiiO products.

You could try sending FiiO an e-mail about your issue even if it is out of warranty and see what they say. I am sure they will reply.

Try e-mailing: support@fiio.net

May 21, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #1,312 of 1,324

It is fairly common when a potentiometer being stored for awhile or not used very often that oxidation will develop on its conductive membrane that will cause 'noise' when use. Just do this: disconnect the E10, turn the pot from one end to the other, then back. Repeat for 1 minutes or two. Check and see if it helps.

May 21, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #1,313 of 1,324

It is fairly common when a potentiometer being stored for awhile or not used very often that oxidation will develop on its conductive membrane that will cause 'noise' when use. Just do this: disconnect the E10, turn the pot from one end to the other, then back. Repeat for 1 minutes or two. Check and see if it helps.

That is strange! I have just tried what you suggested and it seems to have removed all the crackling when moving the dial. It seemed to be worse when music was playing as when I moved the dial, it sounded like it was distorting the music. Now I have done as you said, I don't get any of this irritating crackling when adjusting the volume while listening to my music.

I will have to remember that this sometimes can help

May 21, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #1,314 of 1,324

That is strange! I have just tried what you suggested and it seems to have removed all the crackling when moving the dial. It seemed to be worse when music was playing as when I moved the dial, it sounded like it was distorting the music. Now I have done as you said, I don't get any of this irritating crackling when adjusting the volume while listening to my music.

I will have to remember that this sometimes can help

It is a good habit to occasionally turn the volume pot from end to end just to keep it 'healthy', so to speak, even though you might not use the whole range of the pot.

May 21, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #1,315 of 1,324

I think you have just been unluckey. What was your other FiiO product?

I have have the E5, E10 E11, D03K and the X3 all by FiiO and they are still all working fine accept the odd noise issue with my E10. FiiO are getting much better with their customer service. I had an issue with my E11 the first year I got it and it got sorted out. My E11 is now several years old and looks pretty damaged, dented and scratched but it is still working fine.

The one thing that is a shame is the 1 year warranty on FiiO products.

You could try sending FiiO an e-mail about your issue even if it is out of warranty and see what they say. I am sure they will reply.

Try e-mailing: support@fiio.net

My previous one was an e7 I think. Similar dac/amp, the display died on that one, along with one of the volume buttons.
I'm living on a different continent to where I bought the e10, so I don't think I'll bother trying to return it. Cheers anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion, but alas, no luck. As a last resort I think I'll take it to work, dismantle it and give it the beans with the compressed nitrogen gun.
Cheers

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #1,316 of 1,324
My computer is several years old now and it didn't come with USB 3. The E10 however makes my computer totally unresponsive when plugged into a USB 3 port. Even the data cable won't work with any USB 2 device if plugged unto a USB 3 port. So something makes my think that the E10 and it's cable was designed to work with USB 2 only.

If I use another Mini USB cable in a USB 3 port with a different device, that works fine. They all just don't like the FiiO cable if it is in USB 3.

I will keep using the cable for other things but I will just have to remember that both the E10 and the cable don't like USB 3.

Has anyone else has this issue?

This is the USB 3 card I use if it is useful to know:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005LV3Z0A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,317 of 1,324
  My computer is several years old now and it didn't come with USB 3. The E10 however makes my computer totally unresponsive when plugged into a USB 3 port. Even the data cable won't work with any USB 2 device if plugged unto a USB 3 port. So something makes my think that the E10 and it's cable was designed to work with USB 2 only.

If I use another Mini USB cable in a USB 3 port with a different device, that works fine. They all just don't like the FiiO cable if it is in USB 3.

I will keep using the cable for other things but I will just have to remember that both the E10 and the cable don't like USB 3.

Has anyone else has this issue?

This is the USB 3 card I use if it is useful to know:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005LV3Z0A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It is a known issue for some USB 3.0 controller to be very buggy with USB DAC.

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #1,320 of 1,324
FiiO claim the E10k is better and I somehow thing it will be too. For me, the E10's volume pot crackles q lot at times when just touching it. It could be something they have improved with

the newer E10k.

My e10k didnt make any noise when touch, thats the reason i bought external dac cause my macbook kept making noises when connected to charger. my iphone still makes hum when connected to charger and speakers, not on iems though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back