[Impression] FiiO E10
Jun 21, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #1,277 of 1,324
  Any resent news on the FiiO E10K?

Better ask FiiO directly. I have tested the prototype and I can say I am quite happy with it, which I think it is a more mature sounding product compared to the original E10. It is not a revolution but it is an evolution.

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #1,278 of 1,324
I'm guessing FiiO will not be releasing any info on the new E10K until they have it in production.
Just hate the wait.

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #1,280 of 1,324
Well, mostly they are trying to avoid giving the impression of hunger marketing. So now they prefer to announce when the products is fully ready to hit the market.

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #1,281 of 1,324
  Well, mostly they are trying to avoid giving the impression of hunger marketing. So now they prefer to announce when the products is fully ready to hit the market.

I have no want or need to buy the new E10K, but part of me really want to see reviews on it (when it on the market).

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #1,282 of 1,324
The new Fiio E10K is now listed on FiiO website
http://fiio.net/products/index.aspx?ID=100000059783139&MenuID=105026003

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #1,284 of 1,324
For its category It looks like they took an already nice gear (I have) and made it better.

Yes, that's exactly what E10K is about.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #1,285 of 1,324
Hello everyone, I've spent the last day trying to search for a solution over the internet and I can't find one with my situation and I came across this forum and it seems some people may have had a similar issue.

I just bought a new pair of Kraken Pro Headphones and it sounds amazing. However, whenever it is plugged into the Headphone Output of my Fiio E10 while the Mic is connected to the Mic input of my PC (mobo) it gives a buzzing noise regardless of volume setting on either the Fiio and PC OR Default sound selection in windows settings for that matter.

Whenever I unplug the Mic the noise completely disappears, however I want to use my Headphone DAC/AMP while the Mic is plugged in. 
Another thing to note, if I completely do not use the Fiio E10 and just plug in the headphones directly to the PC's mic input and sound output everything is fine. (So it can't be the Headphones? Maybe its the E10 causing the issue)

Some more information: 
- If the PC is shutoff but still powered I still hear the buzzing noise. 
- Used a different PC (Laptop) I get the same but it is white noise instead of buzzing
- I've used the same setup with a different pair of Headphones (Steelseries H7) and it is fine. (But wait I thought the headphones are not the problem?)
- If I plug my Fiio E10 to a different usb port I get whitenoise instead of the buzzing
- If I use the line out instead of the headphone out of the E10 It works fine. But then it is not using the AMP and I cannot use volume or bass boost on the E10.

I suspect that my kraken headphones are picking up electrical interference going around between the sound output via the Fiio E10's headphone AMP, mobo, and mic input.

I am trying to determine what exactly is causing the noise so that I can replace that component but due to the combinations that I listed above it can be anything.

Unfortunately I do not have another DAC/AMP to test if that is causing the issue. 

Thanks for reading and I hope someone has some suggestions on what I can do going forward.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #1,286 of 1,324
The problem is probably caused by the different ground of the two devices (the E10's USB and the mic's port) shorting out in the headphones' internal wiring. Other headphone's mic can have a separated ground wiring and therefore doesn't have any problem. Anyway, I don't think there is a fix if that's the problem.

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #1,287 of 1,324
I have a question. If I go to playback devices, my E10, properties, then advanced, I have an option for "Default Format". It's currently at "2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality)". Should I change this? Or leave it how it is?

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #1,288 of 1,324
  I have a question. If I go to playback devices, my E10, properties, then advanced, I have an option for "Default Format". It's currently at "2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality)". Should I change this? Or leave it how it is?

Just select the highest sampling rate and you are good to go.

Aug 16, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #1,290 of 1,324
  Thank you for the reply. Would you recommend changing any other settings for the best results?

Not really. Having the highest sampling rate is usually the best setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back