Impedance Adapters/Cables | Explained & Listed
Dec 7, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #151 of 157
Dec 7, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #152 of 157
I believe you might be interested in this. I am not sure if this actually works but according to the author, it reduces the Output impedence of any source to around 2-3 ohm. (yes, if your source have a OI of 0.1ohm , it will bring it up to 2-3ohm)

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/headphone-attenuation-adapter/

Hi friend, actually i just made these!
In reality i paid for someone experienced do, and it all went well, the attenuation happens! But the difference in soundsignature from my a30 output and the attenuator is marginal, not at all like i imagined. But i searched for some graphics on difference in output and tonal balance on diy site and it is small most of the times. I reccomend doing it because it turns able to put a lot of power in the iem from a small volume, incriesing dynamics, (i think) i can post pictures if anyone wish.

I think it works because a multimeter showed 35 constant input impedance on the male, juts like the tutorial says, and the male measured showed like 0.2 in the female out. I think that means something.

I think of doing one with 1ohm output impedance and a p10 male (better finish), there is a scheme in the comment section for the 1ohm output.

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #153 of 157
Hi friend, actually i just made these!
In reality i paid for someone experienced do, and it all went well, the attenuation happens! But the difference in soundsignature from my a30 output and the attenuator is marginal, not at all like i imagined. But i searched for some graphics on difference in output and tonal balance on diy site and it is small most of the times. I reccomend doing it because it turns able to put a lot of power in the iem from a small volume, incriesing dynamics, (i think) i can post pictures if anyone wish.

I think it works because a multimeter showed 35 constant input impedance on the male, juts like the tutorial says, and the male measured showed like 0.2 in the female out. I think that means something.

I think of doing one with 1ohm output impedance and a p10 male (better finish), there is a scheme in the comment section for the 1ohm output.
Any advice on where to find someone to make it?

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #154 of 157
Any advice on where to find someone to make it?

I found at a audio components store, where they sell conectors, resistors, PA equipment and etc. They reccomended me one of the workers, and he did it for me.

Nov 27, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #155 of 157
Hi! Is this thread still active? I was just wondering, has anyone tried these?
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/YO49moIJh
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/DGvCoy6Qn
(Sorry if the links don't work, just try searching "impedance adapter" in AliExpress, sort by orders, and the first 2, DUNU and FAAEAL)
The thing is, my phone is a Xioami Mi A1, and it has a powerful amp, but it has a lot of static/noise when listening in low impedance/high sensitivity IEMs. If I plug in some 80 Ohm headphones, everything is great, but low is too noisy to even listen to. So, will this fix the problem? I also have an MP3 player, I don't know much about it's characteristics, it's diy, it has no noise even with low impedance, but it just doesn't sound right, especially BA(balanced armatures) only 100+Ohms. Will this fix the problem?

Mar 1, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #156 of 157
Hi! Is this thread still active? I was just wondering, has anyone tried these?
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/YO49moIJh
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/DGvCoy6Qn
(Sorry if the links don't work, just try searching "impedance adapter" in AliExpress, sort by orders, and the first 2, DUNU and FAAEAL)
The thing is, my phone is a Xioami Mi A1, and it has a powerful amp, but it has a lot of static/noise when listening in low impedance/high sensitivity IEMs. If I plug in some 80 Ohm headphones, everything is great, but low is too noisy to even listen to. So, will this fix the problem? I also have an MP3 player, I don't know much about it's characteristics, it's diy, it has no noise even with low impedance, but it just doesn't sound right, especially BA(balanced armatures) only 100+Ohms. Will this fix the problem?

I have the Faaeal impedance adapters, both 80Ω and 220Ω. Have been using them (the latter more) to get more power and less noise out of an OTL tube amp as tube amps generally put out higher and cleaner power to a higher impendance load. They've been working great so far. My headphones mostly sound better with these than with any of my solid state amps.

Ordered the Dunu adapters to try them out as well. I'd want to get a 300Ω adapter as well, but haven't found any yet.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #157 of 157
I'm looking to increase the damping factor for my headphones. So basically impedance increasing adapters will do nothing to raise the damping factor? the "faux impedance reducing adapters" will?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back