Impatient Buyers
Mar 27, 2006 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

gordolindsay

1000+ Head-Fier
I just sold my amp and headphones because I had to raise some money to buy a car. I put my ad up last night, didn't check anything until morning where I had a bout 1 minute to do so. I then check it again this evening with one guy saying that he is withdrawing his offer because I hadn't gotten back to him.

It hasn't even been 24 hours yet!!!!

I've waited 4-5 days before where the person hasn't got back to me and it really didn't bother me. I understand people might have lives outside of this place
eek.gif

Can people not be patient enough for people that might have to work long hours and not have access to a computer during the day?

It's the first time this has happened to me and it kind of pissed me off. Not because he withdrew is offer, but because he was being such an ass about things.

Oh well, they're sold now and don't have to worry about it anymore. Just letting off steam here and wondering if this happens to anybody else?

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 15
is it against forum trading rules to back out of a sale and retract an offer?

I have done it before... appoligetically though. I dont think the sellers were very annoyed by it at all, since they had other sellers lined up anyways.

Garrett

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 15
Of course the buyer has the option to back out. I really don't care that he backed out. It's that he said he backed out because I didn't get back to him soon enough. If a buyer is impatient enough that they can't wait 20 hours for someone to get back to them is just rediculous. Especially since I was selling the AKG 701's that are backordered pretty much everywhere for a couple of weeks. Seems silly to me.

I know the seller has a responsibility to be timely and prompt in their sales but come on. I can't babysit this site all day to make someone happy.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #6 of 15
true that.

but with the demand for the 701s...they'll be gone in a flash anyway.

edit:just saw you sold em. nice.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #7 of 15
Yea I don't understand it either...If you want the product, then you wouldn't back out because the seller "took too long"...If I saw an HF-1 for sale and PM'd the seller, I would sit by the screen for weeks and patiently wait for a response. :p ...

Well, not really, but I would't WITHDRAW my offer, that's just silly.

The guy just couldn't make up his mind, that's all.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 15
Don't fret over it. If someone's a puhRick it's not your problem. They don't deserve the phones anyway...

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #9 of 15
Gordo,

Kind of the equivalent of the phone calls at the shop..."Hi, when is your next available tee time? 20 minutes? We can't wait that long. Bye!"

Adios to those kind of people. They would have called the next day after the sale and wondered why you hadn't shipped them yet.

People like that should just go to Wallyworld and do their impulse buys.

Joe

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #10 of 15
There could be other reasons too, like he just lost his job or he found a better deal. Though I do agree people can be impatient.

Mar 28, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
Could have been worse, he could have shown up at your house
icon10.gif

Ha Ha, I saw that thread. That'd be creepy, yeah.

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
I've backed out on a transaction recently and I feel miserable about doing it. I really didn't think it through properly. I was wrong.

dude, you are one sadistic sarcastic mofo....keep it up!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back