Immersive listening - eyes wide shut
Feb 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

talisman42

500+ Head-Fier
There's lots of evidence to support that senses are heightened when you eyes are closed and far from other sensory distractions. The audiophile world, listening with closed eyes is a customary practice, but not sure how widely it's actually practiced. Here's just a fun poll to get a generally idea of how we stand on the issue and perhaps learn a bit more in regards to maximizing our listening experience.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 4
I have music playing constantly. It's not an activity I portion a section of my day for. I like music too much to say that I won't have it playing until I'm sitting down somewhere with my eyes closed. I'll zone out at night frequently, but that's it.

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 4
I used to close my eyes all the time. Then I read a French literary critic ragging on people who close their eyes, and it made me self-conscious about it. I have to force myself to keep my eyes open at concerts because, supposedly, it's a visual (or social) experience too. I usually listen lying down, but I don't want to fall asleep so I keep my eyes open but cover them with a folded black T-shirt.

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 4
I want to vote for the bottom two.  I listen at work/while gaming/while on the bus.  I also listen at night and just either recline in my chair on my bed and may or may not close my eyes and just lose myself in the music sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back