Imitation DarkVoice amp circulating in local China & international market
May 6, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #91 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, does anybody else think that DAVISears is trying to trick us into buying only from a so-called "official" vendor so that that vendor (whom I'm guessing is DAVISears, or someone associated with him) can maximize profits?

This was my feeling when I first saw the thread a few days ago.

May 6, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #92 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by John D. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't it OK to expect to pay the Chinese price converted to dollars,
if the amp is Chinese, and made by Chinese? I thought that was
main selling point of these amps, supposedly good HI-FI at a great price.

JD
confused.gif

It's never going to happen. Packaging, shipping and tarrifs account for some of the price increases, the rest is supply and demand. That's first year business 101. We have more money to spend, and account for the majority of sales. But it's still a lot cheaper than many domestic brands.

Why don't you think dealers like JianLiu deserve to make something for their efforts. They are supplying a service.

I don't give my work away either. I've spent many years aquiring my skills, and if you want the kind of workmanship I offer it's going to cost more than the guy working out of the back of his pickup that worked construction one summer during college.

May 6, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #93 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's never going to happen. Packaging, shipping and tarrifs account for some of the price increases, the rest is supply and demand. That's first year business 101. We have more money to spend, and account for the majority of sales. But it's still a lot cheaper than many domestic brands.

Why don't you think dealers like JianLiu deserve to make something for their efforts. They are supplying a service.

I don't give my work away either. I've spent many years aquiring my skills, and if you want the kind of workmanship I offer it's going to cost more than the guy working out of the back of his pickup that worked construction one summer during college.

I think you are missing the point I'm trying to make here.
Packaging and shipping are always extra cost on these amps.
China has a thriving middle class now and more than a few
Millionares too. The Chinese price is the price they would pay for
this amp. Just my 2 cents

JD
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #94 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by John D. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you are missing the point I'm trying to make here.
Packaging and shipping are always extra cost on these amps.
China has a thriving middle class now and more than a few
Millionares too. The Chinese price is the price they would pay for
this amp. Just my 2 cents

JD
biggrin.gif

You can buy it for the same price they do, you just have to go to China to do it. If you want it without flying there to get it, and you want it converted to 110 vt., then you have to go through a middle man, as the manufacturer doesn't sell direct. It's no different than people in the UK paying a premium for Grado products. What is so hard to understand about that?

May 6, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #95 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can buy it for the same price they do, you just have to go to China to do it. If you want it without flying there to get it, and you want it converted to 110 vt., then you have to go through a middle man, as the manufacturer doesn't sell direct. It's no different than people in the UK paying a premium for Grado products. What is so hard to understand about that?

That was my last comment on this matter.

TOUCHE
wink.gif

JD
icon10.gif

May 6, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #97 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazuki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darkvoice does have a "official website". It's more of a forum but at least you can talk directly to the manufacturer.

Here's the link

Is there an english edition of this site?

Thanks,
JD
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #98 of 120
Can anyone that can read Chinese please find out if there's info for an official seller in that forum?
smily_headphones1.gif
thnx.

May 6, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #100 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazuki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darkvoice does have a "official website". It's more of a forum but at least you can talk directly to the manufacturer.

Here's the link

Interesting, thanks!

Btw, the 336i in production! Link

Translation by Google...

May 6, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #102 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's called "head-fi" hohoho!

Good One cotdt !
wink.gif

JD
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #103 of 120
Used a translator to browse that forum, I got the idea that there are different Darkvoice builders.

I could be wrong or maybe they're just people that made mods, can someone who actually reads chinese sort us out?

May 6, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #104 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by snoxu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Used a translator to browse that forum, I got the idea that there are different Darkvoice builders.

I could be wrong or maybe they're just people that made mods, can someone who actually reads chinese sort us out?

i read through the first 2 pages; nothing about modding though. Most of the threads are "DV 33x pair well with headphone A?" or "which set of tubes for headphone B".
tongue.gif

May 6, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #105 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by snoxu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you see the link i posted earlier? Sure looks like they are building them from scratch. But then again, I don't know the language
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back