Imitation DarkVoice amp circulating in local China & international market
May 4, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #61 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's better to stop wasting time on the Darkvoice amps and get some proper known brand until things aren't clarified.

yeah, that is exactly what im thinking

$310 down the drain

or $570(woo6) for pure bliss?

May 4, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #62 of 120
Quote:

I think it's better to stop wasting time on the Darkvoice amps and get some proper known brand until things aren't clarified.

Darkvoice are great sounding amps and I wouldn't allow the words from an unknown vendor trample their good name. I would stick with vendors such as Jian Liu that have proven track records.

Happy Listening!

May 4, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #63 of 120
So, does anybody else think that DAVISears is trying to trick us into buying only from a so-called "official" vendor so that that vendor (whom I'm guessing is DAVISears, or someone associated with him) can maximize profits?

May 4, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #64 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, does anybody else think that DAVISears is trying to trick us into buying only from a so-called "official" vendor so that that vendor (whom I'm guessing is DAVISears, or someone associated with him) can maximize profits?

either that, or 90% of the DV owners here have "fakes"

May 4, 2007 at 8:53 AM Post #65 of 120
It sure looks like that is the case, or the other alternative would be that DV made a very poor choice in choosing a spokesman for this quite serious matter.

Well, luckily DV makes some great amps so this thread hasn't made me change my mind.

May 4, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #66 of 120
DAVISears is Davis Tan, who was recommended by a Head-Fi member in one of the Darkvoice threads.

May 4, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #67 of 120
Ok, recommended or not, I'm still waiting for something substantial to be posted by Davis

May 4, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #68 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sure looks like that is the case, or the other alternative would be that DV made a very poor choice in choosing a spokesman for this quite serious matter.

Well, luckily DV makes some great amps so this thread hasn't made me change my mind.

dv may make great amps if you get a "real" one

but what if you get a fake?

this thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

May 4, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #69 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True, but I was figuring that if I buy my amp from a trustworthy eBay seller I can dodge the fakes...

I hope!
blink.gif

May 4, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #70 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think there are fake Darkvoices. It's just authorized or unathorized sellers.

May 4, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #71 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, but I was figuring that if I buy my amp from a trustworthy eBay seller I can dodge the fakes...

I hope!
blink.gif

Be careful there, your statement kind of sounds like an oxymora.

Granted, there are some trustworthy ebay sellers who have been around for a long time, but with audio equipment I have noticed many many more of the un_____ types offering great deals.

May 4, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #72 of 120
Davis puts himself in a very interesting position since his a seller himself.

By first declaring that there are cheap fakes on the market. Potential customers will be suspicious about good deals (which in reality are not fakes at all), and thus he can sell his own units for a premium price as a result.
It's a nice, but unethical, way to get rid of the competition.

Maybe I'm wrong, but until proved otherwise it's one possible theory.
I mean, if the only way to spot a fake is to look at the price tag this is the obvious result
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #73 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think there are fake Darkvoices. It's just authorized or unathorized sellers.

exactly the point. vote with you're wallet people.

May 4, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #74 of 120
Quote:

There is no issue ordering the amp from JianLiu. Several Head-Fiers have been ordering from him for over a year now without one complaint. And this amp walks all over many tube amps at twice the price.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...=Darkvoice+336

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's sure smelling that way to me. He sure hasn't been very forthcoming with any real information. Looks like the old shell game to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back