i'm so confused
Nov 29, 2008 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nazarin

New Head-Fier
first of all sorry for my english but i'm an italian noob and so...
ph34r.gif

i'm really confused for the choise of headphones i must to buy

i will use them on a toshiba notebook without amp to listen music (avantgarde classic like stokhausen, experimental rock like sonic youth, xiuxiu, slint, mogwai and electronic like amon tobin, squarepusher, schauss, murcof, matmos), to create electronic music with reason (this is my music MySpace.com - godira - IT - Electronica / Experimental - www.myspace.com/godira) and toor watch movies

i want to choise between GRADO SR80, AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-M50, DENON D1001S, SENN HD280

well... for you what is my best choise?
redface.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's your budget?
Is noise isolation important?
Is sound allowed to leak out?

budget is 130euro, 150$
for the other question i'm confused, i prefer noise isolation but i don't want to forget the better music sound and too bass sound

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #4 of 5
Well, the SR-80s would give you some great sound for some of that music (you could probably even snag a used pair of SR-125s for that budget!), but it looks like you're gonna have a lot to do with them, so they'll be on your head a lot. You'd have to try to get a hold of a pair of Grados to see if you like their comfort. I know that I can't wear my Alessandros for more than an hour or two without my ears hurting.

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the SR-80s would give you some great sound for some of that music (you could probably even snag a used pair of SR-125s for that budget!), but it looks like you're gonna have a lot to do with them, so they'll be on your head a lot. You'd have to try to get a hold of a pair of Grados to see if you like their comfort. I know that I can't wear my Alessandros for more than an hour or two without my ears hurting.

ohu... that's a big problem for me because sometimes i sleep listening music with headphons on the head
L3000.gif
biggrin.gif
and then the comfort is vital for my head...

but i fear that the m50, monitor headphones!, are too dull to listen my favourite music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back