I'm sick...
Dec 20, 2004 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

aeriyn

Headphoneus Supremus
ugh I've come down with something and I feel horrible.

my vision is whacked. I can barely see anything if I focus on it for a long time... I'm afraid to drive to work. afraid I'll get in a wreck or something. really don't think I'm up to a 12 hour shift feeling like this anyhow... ugh...

I wanna go back to bed... but I need the money... oiy...

i'm gonna be late for work no matter what... waiting till my vision stops being all messed up.

-.-'

Dec 20, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by zowie
I've come down with that a few times after drinking a handle of vodka.

hahahaha... yeah, except I haven't imbibed any since like a month ago... so I doubt it's that.

ugh, well I reduced my shift at work to half a day, I just hope I don't get any customers sick. if we weren't so damn shorthanded it would not be a big issue. >.<

Dec 20, 2004 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 18
Impaired vision means it is time to see the ol' doctor! I hope you are fine and it is only conjunctivitis.

Dec 20, 2004 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 18
You gott lay off the jpop, it does things to you.

Dec 20, 2004 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia

LMAO, but it`s true jpop does strange things to the human mind. So beware

Dec 20, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia

*cracks up*

Dec 20, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
hahahaha... yeah, except I haven't imbibed any since like a month ago... so I doubt it's that.

Well then there is your problem. Just like with water the body can't function naturally without at least a few ounces of alcohol a day. Go have a few shots and head off to work.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #11 of 18
If your vision is impaired and if you feel dizzy you should definitely not go to work, let alone drive there. You are sick, stay home. Who cares if they're short handed at work, they'll survive. Its not like you're lying.

The money issue is another thing entirely of course. Thats a tough one.

Dec 20, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
low bloood sugar?

I definitely have to watch that. I have been eating some sweet candy for a few minutes now and the dizziness is passing.

Still got migraine-esque "tunnel vision" though.

Dec 20, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #13 of 18
Not many illnesses can make you have distorted vision. I'd go to a doctor and have it checked out.

Low blood glucose is a possibility, but unless you have a history of diabetes, it is not likely.

Dec 21, 2004 at 12:26 AM Post #14 of 18
Dehydration will do funny things also. I see many people do nothing but drink coffee and Dr. Pepper all day. Not good. Drink plenty of water or some gatorade. And it actually can be a bigger problem in the winter than summer. So drink your fluids
biggrin.gif
(and then go back to your old avitar)

Dec 21, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #15 of 18
Sounds similar to something I've had before. It was basically the result of some period of time with lack of adequate sleep, which resulted in a bad migraine headache, and also in one eye, it started to get those glowing "black shadow" imprints, kinda like if you take a blank white piece of paer, and then draw something on it, and then stare at it for 30 seconds and then look somewhere else and you still see the outline of it. Except it covered almost my entire vision in that one eye.. It sucked. Hard to see unless if I looked off-center, and then what I wanted to see was in the one sector of my eye that was still fine..

In that case, sleeping it off did the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back