I'm sick of winter!!! (summer appreciation thread)
Mar 14, 2006 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
Rain all week for this week, cold and rain last week, blah blah blah. I've had enough of this crap!!

I'm, ready for sunburns and ceiling fans with just the cool crisp sheet on the bed. Ready for 80° at 10:00pm and barefoot at the pool in just my boardshorts. Ready for hot pavement and cool green grass. Ready for camping with the boat on the lake at 8:00pm when the water looks like glass. I'm ready for summer!!!

posting pics to warm up... 2 1/2 months to go...

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

Ramons.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

malibu-sunset.jpg

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 32
The last of the snow just melted here over the weekend though there are still pockets here and there where the sun does not yet hit (still too far south
rolleyes.gif
) but not a moment too soon for me.

If my cabin fever was any worse I think someONE or someTHING was going to get broken.Long winters make me snarly which added to me being unstable is not a good mix
very_evil_smiley.gif

[size=small]BRING ON THE SUN NOW DAMMIT !!!!!![/size]

so I can kick back in some and catch some golden rays then turn to brown toast
icon10.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 32
We didn't have a proper winter this year in NC, I feel so ripped off. Temps hovered way above normal, and it didn't snow
frown.gif
The past few days have been in the 80s, almost hitting 90 Sunday. Makes me wonder what the summer will be like..

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 32
I know a guy, he'll have winter gone by springtime. LMK

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #8 of 32
Our winter has been abnormal this year, we've had massive amounts of rain, snow in the Bay Area... What??, and the obvious cold temps that go with it. Add our wet climate to that and it's a cold that really sinks into your clothes.

Mar 14, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Our winter has been abnormal this year, we've had massive amounts of rain, snow in the Bay Area... What??,

we got all our snow this month the bast$rds !

Just when you thought it was safe to go back outside

[size=medium]WHAMMO ![/size]

Don't even think about it.........

Mar 14, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 32
NOOOO, no more summer. Winter forever, I say. I was just beginning to appreciate the cold this year, and now it's getting warm. Here in NYC, it never got cold enough for my liking (yes, I know it was pretty cold, but not for me
very_evil_smiley.gif
), and now the brutal summer is but a few months down the road. Summer appreciation, I think not...I need to get my AC ready to go early this year, and stay indoors as much as possible.

Mar 14, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #12 of 32
Not much better weather here these past three weeks. Heay rain and thunder showers with flash flood warnings being posted. Today is more of the same, heavy showers with thunder showers and flash flooding. This current weather system isn't expect to clear up until next week.

Mar 14, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
skiiing IS good..............

[size=medium]WATER SKIING IN 90F Temps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

very_evil_smiley.gif

No way can water skiing compare to snow skiing. There's nothing like skiing in nice fresh powder... mmmm mmmm good.

Mar 14, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisets
No way can water skiing compare to real skiing. There's nothing like skiing in nice fresh powder... mmmm mmmm good.

Oh, I think being the only boat left on the lake getting one last run in is much better (and I've snow skied since I was 4). Take a look at my last pic, that's heaven. Besides after your done you get to hang at the camp fire in flip flops and a hoodie (and drink jack and cokes!) ahhhhhh can't wait for camping season!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back