I'm searching for this kind of headphone. Recommendations?
Feb 6, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #17 of 26
the sony mdr-1am2 fit and are more comfortable than anything Meze makes (except maybe the empy but thoes are 3k$ lol)

Feb 10, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #19 of 26
A month of daily use is hardly indicative of its' quality, to be fair. I've been using the 1AM2 5 days a week, 5-6 hours a day for 15 months and it's still very solid. The finish on it still looks brand new, the pads are still good. The joints are more loose than they were a year ago, but that's the only difference. The finish on these things is legit! I seriously can't find a single blemish and I've bumped my head into all kinds of things! The 1AM2 continues to impress me, I seriously can't sing its' praises enough!
I just went to a Sony store with the idea of buying them.
I tried them in store and immediately I felt that their were a little difficult to drive. I tested them with my LG V35 with HiFi DAC on and I had to use the volume to the max.
Also one thing I noticed is that I listened Abbey Road album and in the song "You Never Give Me Your Money" when Ringo sings on my $30 IEMs KZ ZS10 Pro you can tell how he moves around your ears form right to left as long the song goes. But with the 1M2 I always felt Ringo just in the middle all the time. Maybe because they are closed back or maybe it was because the seller used the Xhm3 cable?
In other rock songs they did their job but I missed some surprising/pleasing feeling.
I left the store a little disappointed because I really wanted to buy them for the use that I want:

- Movies
- Music on the go
- Gaming

One thing I can't deny. They are comfy as ****.
I will think about it today and tomorrow.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #20 of 26
I just went to a Sony store with the idea of buying them
I tried them in store and immediately I felt that their were a little difficult to drive. I tested them with my LG V35 with HiFi DAC on and I had to use the volume to the max.
Also one thing I noticed is that I listened Abbey Road album and in the song "You Never Give Me Your Money" when Ringo sings on my $30 IEMs KZ ZS10 Pro you can tell how he moves around your ears form right to left as long the song goes. But with the 1M2 I always felt Ringo just in the middle all the time. Maybe because they are closed back or maybe it was because the seller used the Xhm3 cable?
In other rock songs they did their job but I missed some surprising/pleasing feeling.
I left the store a little disappointed because I really wanted to buy them for the use that I want:

- Movies
- Music on the go
- Gaming

That makes absolutely zero sense...the 1AM2 is easier to drive than the included Apple wired EarPods. 16ohm. Easier to drive than any IEM I own, including the aforementioned Apple EarPods. Something wasn't right in your setup or the demo model, no doubt in my mind.

Feb 10, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #21 of 26
I just went to a Sony store with the idea of buying them.

- Movies
- Music on the go
- Gaming

Did you plug the cable into the phone before plugging it into the headphones? Without placing the phone into auxiliary mode, the LG phones are quite soft.

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #22 of 26
Did you plug the cable into the phone before plugging it into the headphones? Without placing the phone into auxiliary mode, the LG phones are quite soft.
Mmm I didn't know that. With any other headphones it just work.
Maybe be it was the test model or the cable. Because of what people say here about the 1AM2 and what I read in other sites it just doesn't make sense.

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #23 of 26
Ok. Let's give these beauty a chance.
IMG_20200212_191403.jpg

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #24 of 26
Maybe be it was the test model or the le. Because of what people say here about the 1AM2 and what I read in other sites it just doesn't make sense.
Maybe be it was the test model or the cable. Because of what people say here about the 1AM2 and what I read in other sites it just doesn't make sense.
It has nothing to do with the headphones. It pays to know your equipment. LG phones have 3 power modes. A low, mid and high gain so to speak. When you insert the cable into the phone before inserting it into the headphones, you put the phone in mid gain. This is a significant jump in power. Though the mdr-1am2 is easy to drive, it is still going to be harder to push than a low impedance IEM. The driver is over half the size, which requires more power to move. I would read up on your phones audio capabilities. If you run it in low gain with most any full size headphones, their is really no point in choosing it over any other modern phone. I also believe their is no point in having such a great audio source with really good dual dac chips if someone is using it to only to listen to compressed files or Google play. At any rate, try plugging into the phone 1st.

Feb 13, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #25 of 26
Ok. Let's give these beauty a chance.
IMG_20200212_191403.jpg
Good choice, and enjoy man!! You wont regret, they sound great! Especially on a DAP or dac/amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back