I'm putting down the headphones?!
Apr 28, 2006 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GlendaleViper

Yep, words.
Well, it was bound to happen. In my search for a better source, I finally went out and bought a stereo. After searching for a while, I decided upon a Marantz SR4320 stereo receiver (not a big fan of surround) and as a player, I got the Marantz DV660. I was about to go with a NAD, but the model was sold out and I went with the big M instead.

So far so good. Then I unpacked my Paradigm monitor minis. Shucked the cables and threw down the bananas. Unfortunately, I don't have a decent place to set up the speakers, so for now I have them on the ground by my bed and I lay back about three feet away and sink into bliss.

Of course, I saved some time with my AKGs and Grados. Not really enough yet. The Paradigms are drawing me in. I'm going to have to get to know them for a while, which means my home phones are going to have to rest for a while. Don't worry though, My Grados will still be the daily commuter
icon10.gif
!

Anyway, I know this isn't exactly a headphone related thread, but I've never been a speaker fan so much as a headphone fan. It feels kinda weird! The fact that I'm so intrigued - enough to temporarily abandon my beloved, I felt it was a worthy thought to post. Anyway, back to listening. Cheers!

Apr 28, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 3
Great speakers in a good room can be fabulous!! My Axiom M3s in my old house were absolutely magical!

.......my new house sucks the life right outta my new floorstanding speakers!

Phooie!!

......that's where the cans come in!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 3
Would those happen to be the Studio 20's?

I first heard those a few months ago and was completely blown away by the sheer quality of sound from such a small pair of speakers. That really restored my appreciation of good speakers, though headphones have their place as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back