I'm new can someone help me please I got the audio technica ath-m40x
Oct 6, 2016 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

zwillmaster

New Head-Fier
These things are absaoultey amazing I have been looking for a flat sound and as I'm sure their are options they may be more accurate but these are the best that I have ever heard except for the fact theirs like no bass at all I know they ate somewhat flat but their still should be bass just a little not even dubstep or rap had any bass just tight mids it may also be because I'm using a cheap Galaxy grand prime with unofficial CyanogenMod 13 so may software or hardware probably ain't that great but it still sounds amazing and detailed I have heard other headphones like the Sony v6'switch where also amazing but too much bass and they had just kind of a muddy sound I guess but these are good but I would just like them to be a little louder and just a tad bit of bass I tried using a eq on several android music player apps and it just seems to make them muddy if I eq them at all would a cheap headphone amp like the fiio make a difference and will it degrigate the audio at all I just want it like 1 notch higher in volume and just a tiny bit of bass and then I will think these are perfect within these budget

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 16
I would recommend using a DAC/amp or at least an amp to isolate the variables here. The M40x actually has boosted bass in the measurements. If all you can afford is a FiiO E6, go for it and see if it improves things. When I bought an M40x, I got it in a bundle with an E6, but I also had a Schiit Magni 2 Uber amp at the time.

For EQ, use a parametric equalizer, not low-quality EQ settings. What you do is isolate specific frequencies to reduce or increase. The easiest way is to simply boost up some of the bass frequencies. The harder, more effective way is to reduce higher frequencies, but this requires more effort and is not what I would recommend to a beginner. You'll need to experiment to get the best results either way.

Oct 6, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 16
Well a lot of those FiiO products have a bass boost switch wich could help you and also get better pads like: 

http://www.zmfheadphones.com/order-the-zmf/zmfpads

The bass would get more present and the soundstage improves also.

I recommend checking the Zeos review of those on YouTube.

Cheers!

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #8 of 16
Most of them even comes with the OTG cable included. But it really depends on the model though. You can check FiiO webpage, they even have a list of compatible devices.

Definatelly...A LOT

I was thinking about checking out the dragonfly red and a otg USB a to micro USB adapter

https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-DragonFly-Red-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B01DFMV4NQhttps:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0081CRXGI/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1475853008&sr=8-5&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=otg+adapter

Would that be a good choice?

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #9 of 16
I don't know what happened I didn't do anything different but know it sounds fine and I can hear the bass and its all so damn clear and amazing its makes me so happy to be able to get listen to hear my music and hear everything I hear stuff in the recordins I've never heard background vocals scratching slight errors all kinds off stuff and it brings it alive and its quite magical

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #10 of 16
I don't know what happened I didn't do anything different but know it sounds fine and I can hear the bass and its all so damn clear and amazing its makes me so happy to be able to get listen to hear my music and hear everything I hear stuff in the recordins I've never heard background vocals scratching slight errors all kinds off stuff and it brings it alive and its quite magical

Happy to hear that :)

Enjoy them!

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #14 of 16
Thank you for all yours guys help for right now they sound amazing but eventually I would like to get a good USB DAC what would you guys recommended I would also wanna be able to use it with the oppo pm3:s when I get them
Do you want portable ? Take a look at the Meze 99 classics I myself perfered them over the Oppo's but that is me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back