I'm looking to use dBpowerAMP Audio Player - any input?
Feb 27, 2006 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MikeLa

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to use dBpowerAMP audio player, Music converter and Sveta Portable Audio. I'll be running flac thru usb ASIO to an external DAC and using EAC for ripping.

I gave foobar2000, Media Center 11 and MediaMonkey a quick look but prefer the lite-weight feel and component design of the dBpower products.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the products? Any gotcha's I should know about before I start converting my iTunes library?

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 4
I've been using it for a while, very straight forward program. Been using DB for a long time to rip vinyl, etc. Great program. Last version released is 11.5.

Not familiar with the player. If the player is any where near quality of the ripper, you will be all set.

No gotcha's I can think of. I use Audacity to trim and edit files separately.

Nice when you rip sides of albums, if vinyl is your thing.

Feb 27, 2006 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeLa
I'm looking to use dBpowerAMP audio player, Music converter and Sveta Portable Audio. I'll be running flac thru usb ASIO to an external DAC and using EAC for ripping.

I gave foobar2000, Media Center 11 and MediaMonkey a quick look but prefer the lite-weight feel and component design of the dBpower products.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the products? Any gotcha's I should know about before I start converting my iTunes library?

Tried the dBpowerAMP Audio Player --> could not see ASIO (nor KS) driver option available (just DirectX and waveOut) --> uninstalled immediately.

jiitee

Feb 28, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm not sure what ASIO or KS Mikela refers to, but make sure if you purchase DB that you get the Power Pack. It might give you the function that Mikela was referring to.

DB has a large number of codecs that it is programmed for compatibility and one of the few that will do FLAC.

I was considering going to Monkey Audio .ape files, but I am reading good things on FLAC. DB can convert on the fly to what ever format you decide on for your portables and upload with the Sveta add-on. Check for compatibility with your player. Many are listed on their website.

Possible gotcha: I'm not sure DB is still making new versions. There may be free stuff out there that will get the job done for you, you just have to dig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back