I'm Looking For Some Good Canadian Headphone Retailers..?
Dec 16, 2009 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Ckaz

100+ Head-Fier
I have been looking around for the Sennheiser HD 485's, but I cannot seem to find them anywhere in Canada!

I will only be using these headphones for music listening, mostly off an ipod, but sometimes through my computer, which is currently equipped with a Soundblaster Xtremegamer sound card. The point is, I don't want headphones that would need an amplifier, because these will primarily be used for ipod listening. I tried Headphone world, but they only seem to have the Audiophile quality of headphones, that generally need an amp.

So whats a good Canadian online retailer who sells headphones matching my criteria?

P.S. I am the most jealous of the U.S. because they have Amazon.com
They have EVERYTHING, and they have it CHEAP. I have not once found what I am looking for on Amazon.ca

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 26
Amazon.ca really sucks!

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 26
HeadRoom (Headphone.com) ships to Canada.

Headphonesolutions.com also ships to Canada.

Though I must admit both websites don't often have the best deals.. all the best deals I have found are from websites only able to ship within the US.

I'm trying to get Headphone solutions to price-match the Amazon.com price of the Denon D2000's so I can get them for a good deal! As I honestly have not been able to find them for less than $340 at somewhere that would ship to Canada.

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 26
Dec 16, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #7 of 26
for online retailers check out accessoryjack.com for Audio Technica stuff. For actual Canadian online resellers there is axemusic.com, memoryexpress.com (mainly computer stuff but sell several headphones and IEM's as well).

For Brick and Mortor stores, Axe Music, Long and Mcquade (have several BeyerDynamic headphones). If in the Calgary area, General Music carries several Beyerdynamic head[hones, sennheisers, and Grados.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #8 of 26
As a Canadian myself I gotta concur amazon.ca does indeed suck. Deals that exist in USA's counterpart do not such as d2000, ad900 or the Grado 1/4 to 1/8 adapter which all I can find well and nicely in USA's site but not a single one on the Canadian side. I'd also add jr.com to the list of online retailers which is where I bought my HD800 from. One has to be less than wise to buy the same model in Canada which will literally cost over $2000 CAD after tax from say NCIX.com which does have HD800 but for $1800 base and it will be $2000 after tax and shipping. And I shop a lot from NCIX.com for my computer peripherals. I hate paying tax for these so-called common goods, which I personally find it to be a total bs so I find myself shopping from USA a lot especially as the amount of purchase grows. For anything greater than $300 USD, you'd be better off buying from USA and pay custom clearance fees when it crosses the border and if they offer free shipping which some sites do, it's even better. Shipping w/ USPS seems to bypass/include custom/brokerage fees so unless the seller insists on using other carriers such as UPS Ground(UPS Express bypasses custom fees) that's the route I usually go take.

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #12 of 26
B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders

They will ship to Canada and with the little "/c/" at the end, they show Canadian prices as well. Some of the best prices I've seen for gear in Canadian prices.

Edit: Suggestion; don't ship by UPS or Fedex from them due to brokerage fees. It might take a little longer for USPS priority mail, but at least you don't have to spend an extra 25%.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #13 of 26
Oh wow, you guys are great!!

Unfortunatley, on most items, amazon.com will not ship to Canada. I had also already looked at memoryexpress.com because they have a store where I live, so I usually go there for my computer components.

All of these sites seem to ship to Canada for decent prices, but the best price I found was at accessoryjack.com

Thanks again for all of the recommendations!

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders

They will ship to Canada and with the little "/c/" at the end, they show Canadian prices as well. Some of the best prices I've seen for gear in Canadian prices.

Edit: Suggestion; don't ship by UPS or Fedex from them due to brokerage fees. It might take a little longer for USPS priority mail, but at least you don't have to spend an extra 25%.

so the UPS Worldwide Expedited option would be a bad idea?

It is the cheapest to ship to me.. but at $30. For the extra $9 is the USPS version.

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by tamahome77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Studio & Pro

How about Sennheser HD 25-SP II for $158CAD at MiniDisc Canada?

MiniDisc Canada used to sell the HD800 for $1400CAD when it first came out fyi. Pretty good price imo.

Nah the SP isn't that great, sometimes on ebay you can find the HD25-l-ll for about $200 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back