I'm Looking for Flash Mp3 Player with Excellent Sound Quality?
Jul 8, 2008 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
Hi. I'm looking for a flash based mp3 player with excellent sound quality. I prefer one that supports FLAC...but would consider others that don't support FLAC. Currently my eyes is on the Cowon D2 4 GB.

All I care about is sound quality...nothing else. I don't care about video, fm etc....

My budget is $225.

Thank You All.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 7
I am blown away with this little 2gb Sansa Clip that I just got. I listen to it more lately than my Iaudio X5. What a sleeper.

todd

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 7
As far as I've heard, the Sansa Clip and Cowon D2 are two of the best in terms of sound quality. While I haven't had first-hand experience with either, a lot of people here have expressed that they are both great players in terms of SQ, and they're expandable, which is a very attractive option.

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 7
Definitely go for the Cowon D2. I've had it for over a year and a half now, and there haven't been many players that made me waver in my opinion that this is a fantastic player. Although for $225, you should be able to get an 8GB D2.

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #5 of 7
If you can live with 4GB, the Toshiba Gigabeat T400 would be my suggestion, as I find the sound quality better than the D2, Clip, or Fuze, though I haven't heard any of Sony's recent players, which are said to be excellent. The T400 doesn't support FLAC, but it does support WMA Lossless.

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 7
The T400 is great if you not into using the EQ. If you like to tweak you music w/various sound settings than the D2 or a Sony player are for you.

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Same if you want FLAC support, which is a useful feature for audiophiles. The D2 supports FLAC natively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back