I'm looking for a good midrange headphone that is available in europe (belgium)(with good bass for listen to drum and bass)(under €350 pls)
Jan 18, 2014 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

coelep

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a good mid range headphone that's available in Belgium (under€350). My favorite music genre is drum and bass.
These are the two headphone's that I had in mind: 
- sennheiser momentum
- new beats studio

Can anyone help me with my choice pls?
thanks.

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 17
Hi,

Beats headphones have a terrible reputation around here!

On the other hand Sennheiser Momentum seem to be a very good pick. You should also consider AudioTechnica ATH-WS99.

Best Luck

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 17
are you looking for a closed design headphone? To what device are you planning to connect the headphone? (ipod or computer)?
V moda M 80, M 100

stay away from Beats. They are not worth for the money that you pay.

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #4 of 17
are you looking for a closed design headphone? To what device are you planning to connect the headphone? (ipod or computer)?
V moda M 80, M 100

stay away from Beats. They are not worth for the money that you pay.

Closed design and for phone(samsung galaxy s4 mini) ipod and computer. I just want a good headphone with good sound quality and a nice bass.

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 17
+ 1 for the Momentums, thats what I've got their wonderful. If you choose to look anywhere else, the VMODA M100s might be worth a peek. That being said, I'd go with the Sennheiser Momentum cans.

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #8 of 17
Does the Momentum have also a good bass for listen to dubstep and drum and bass?

Well, I think it does, however the VMODA M-100s are generally considered to have slightly more robust bass and PRaT--they cater more specifically to electronic music and the like than the Momentums, which are suitable for just about anything.  If your looking to be 'shook' by the bass you may want to look elsewhere, neither the Momentums nor VMODAs nor really any audiophile headphones are going to have the boomy bass of Beats, which is a good thing.

I digress, I listen to quite a bit of dubstep & drum n bass. I'm a regular at EDC, listen to Andy C, Flux Pavillion, Dirtyphonics, etc. and my Momentums have always served me well. The bass has impact, is tight, and is not overwhelming especially when paired with a portable amp such as the C&C BH2 or FiiOs various entry-level models.  

The beauty of the Momentums is if you want to listen to, say, Enya or Dave Matthews or U2 or Andrea Bocelli the headphones still perform well, especially for closed back. Since I listen to a wide range of music the Momentums have suited me perfectly. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 17
If you want powerful bass (but still good sound quality) you should also consider Yamaha Pro 500

http://www.head-fi.org/t/653626/yamaha-hph-pro-500-review

Best Luck!

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #12 of 17
  I don't know, Sony is cheaper but is the sound quality as good as the momentum or m100?

No. A $100 "extra bass" headphone will not outperform either the Momentum or M100 for SQ. Shocking, I know.

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #15 of 17
It is not that easy to decide
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back