i'm looking for a good headphone to use with my ipod any suggest ?
Apr 1, 2006 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mail2tor

New Head-Fier
i've tested grado 60 yesterday and it gives me and excellent sound quality , i love it but it is not loud enough for me

sorry for my grammar. thankyou everyone.
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #2 of 10
not loud enought? i suggest, if it is for drowning out loud sounds, then an IEM should help, like the Ultimate Ears super fi 5 pro or Sure E4c. they both go great with ipods.

Apr 1, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 10
If Grados aren't loud enough then your listening at levels way too high. Turn it down a little, it sounds better.

Apr 1, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #5 of 10
Sony MDR-V6 will crank, and have more apparent loudness without frying your ears since they are enclosed and also have a nice fat midbass hump. they work great with iPods.

NOT V-600! (Some people have lived to regret that mistake).

-- Gordie

Apr 1, 2006 at 7:57 AM Post #6 of 10
I'd say it depends on your budget. If you can afford the E500, then get those. They are fantastic out of the iPOD and absolute heavenly bliss with an amp. Trust me - you want the E500!
icon10.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mail2tor
i've tested grado 60 yesterday and it gives me and excellent sound quality , i love it but it is not loud enough for me

sorry for my grammar. thankyou everyone.
tongue.gif

It really sounds like you're headed for tinnitis. There's no way that a Grado out of an iPod is "not loud enough." If you're trying to drown out your surroundings, try an IEM like the Shure e2c. However, if you really just want volume and not isolation, you're going to damage your hearing permanently.

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #8 of 10
well ....i guess so, i should low the volume a little bit. thank for warning. i expect about $100 for the headphone i am going to buy . any other interesting except grado60 ?

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:52 AM Post #10 of 10
The AKG k81dj seems to be geting alot of love on this site recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back