I'm in heaven...
Apr 10, 2002 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

msjjr

100+ Head-Fier
listening to my Sennheiser HD600's with the Cardas replacement cable through the Sugden Headmaster! I could fill this posting with all the superlatives one usually reserves for epiphanies like this, but words can't do justice to this sound. Suffice it to say that it's as good as I could ever hope. It's the most realistic reproduction I've heard yet. I could be convinced to stay here for quite some time indeed.
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2002 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

I could fill this posting with all the superlatives one usually reserves for epiphanies like this, but words can't do justice to this sound... I could be convinced to stay here for quite some time indeed.

this is me trying to convince you
wink.gif

actually, who's going to post the first cardas review? i know a lot of us are waiting for the first flood of owners to post impressions.

regards,
carlo

Apr 10, 2002 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 13
I can tell you from experience that we are enjoying our new cables way too much to express it with words.

Better to just try them yourself!

Maybe if I get bored I will write a review
tongue.gif

Driftwood

Apr 11, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #6 of 13
msjir, I envy you.
wink.gif

How does the Corda measure up against the Headmaster?

Apr 11, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #7 of 13
The Headmaster really is noticeably better; snappier transients like percussion; better more defined bass. The treble response seems cleaner as well.The 600's seem better "driven" by the Sugden, not surprising since it is a true class A amp. Of course the Corda is a good amp and not a disappointment at all, but the Headmaster, at twice the price, is my preference. I don't use crossfeed so I don't miss it.

Apr 11, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #10 of 13
I am very pleased indeed, but.....what if there's something better!?!

Flasbak: How do I get a small enough picture of the Headmaster to use as an avatar?

Apr 12, 2002 at 1:36 AM Post #11 of 13
msjjr,
Just right click on my avatar then choose properties and set yours up to point to the same location or anyone elses. Rest assured, that you have one of the finest amps on the market! Sure there's always gonna be better, but it will cost you significantly more money for a very slight improvement! The Headmaster is really that good!

Apr 12, 2002 at 1:53 AM Post #12 of 13
msjjr, at the moment, you're pretty restricted as far as solid state goes. The only other amp out there that might be "better" is the Headroom Max (Blockhead being restricted to HD600/RS-1 is another story), and I think that'd be subjective as the Max probably offers a totally different type of presentation overall than the Sugden. So as far as solid state goes, you're pretty safe with the Sugden, unless you want to audition the MOH through Headroom's current lending program.

Still waiting on Mark Levinson's Red Rose bruiser though...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 12, 2002 at 2:10 AM Post #13 of 13
Thanks Flashbak. Take a look.

Thanks Vertigo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back