I'm I just weird?
Feb 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

ben4345

100+ Head-Fier
I ride the bus to work, walk around town, ride my bicycle too.
Yet, I think in my entire life I have only noticed one other, person wearing IEM's. ( other then my brother which I was the one to get him into IEMs,)
Let alone using a Cowon player.

Am I just weird?

Feb 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 70
Nope, probably just living in a really remote area. Since you in your entire life only have seen one other person wearing IEMs...
I see fellow IEM users daily, plus the handful PortaPro users of course.

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, probably just living in a really remote area. Since you in your entire life only have seen one other person wearing IEMs...
I see fellow IEM users daily, plus the handful PortaPro users of course.

I wouldn't call Portland, Or remote.
I only see, iPods, Iphones, cell phone with a built in player. Stock apple ear buds, a few closed ear buds, bose QC phones and sometimes someone with a very large sony, or sennheiser headphones. One set of Beat's.

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Come again?! You're in Portland, and you never see people wearing IEMs??

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come again?! You're in Portland, and you never see people wearing IEMs??

I have been looking out for them a little more closely since I have made an account here. Nope, none.

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 70
Quote:

I have been looking out for them a little more closely since I have made an account here. Nope, none.

WOW. That's very surprising!
eek.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #8 of 70
Quote:

Yep. I use trimet & ctran to get around and all I see is generic earbuds and skullcandies. Sometimes I'll see a cheap IEM but most of the time it's the skullcandy IEM or the apple one. Of course I'm currently using a "cheap" IEM but I'm in the processes of getting C3 Pro customs from Alien Ears.

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #9 of 70
Same here in Philly, very rare to see anything worth more than $20 stuck in someone's ears. I try to check out the phones. I do see a disconcerting number of Bose IEs, however. Ugh.

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #10 of 70
maybe its just the places u go ;p

i see people with iem's pretty often ranging from cheap ones(skullcandy, sony, addiems) to high up models (shure, ety, UE, westone, etc). the one thing i dont see too often are those with portable amps or custom iem.

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #12 of 70
That's a funny thread!
I was thinking the same: I live in Brussels, a big city in Europe, and take the bus/tramway/metro everyday, but I think I haven't seen a single person wearing "real" IEMs! I have seen several people with canalphones, mainly CX300, and more frequently, Apple Horrobuds and other horrid sounding buds, bud really, I do not recall a person wearing IEMs!
smily_headphones1.gif
Not that I am not looking: I often say to myself "If only those guys knew there is a whole world of music behind the noise they are listening to!".
Guess we are a very small minority
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #13 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sometimes look a little too hard at people's ears to try find out what they have in... It freaks people out. Have to be sly!
smily_headphones1.gif

LMAO!!

k701smile.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #14 of 70
I always check out people's headphones. In one of my classes a guy had some SR60, that was pretty cool. On a few trains I saw people with SE530 or SE420, and some SF5 Pro and TF10 Pro too. Lots of Panasonic (I have no idea what its actually called, it's like RP7 or something, small full size, retro looking, weird colors) and Sony MDR-V6 I believe.

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #15 of 70
Maybe people in Portland don't care about personal audio... Heh. In my city I've seen my fair share of people with high end IEM's, in coffee shops, and on flights too. I've spotted Shure SE530's and TF10's (those are really hard to miss, obviously).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back