I'm gonna get killed for this.....
Jan 5, 2013 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Homey

New Head-Fier
OK, this is my first question and it's a pretty silly one so please be kind..

I bought a set of V-Moda M80's a couple of days ago and am really loving them but last night, while listening to some music, I sneezed and I realised that while I had my mouth open, waiting for the sneeze to arrive, the music sounded much more open, the vocals and guitars seemed to have greater clarity!
I know this sounds crazy but the sound really does seem to sound a lot better but I can't sensibly keep my mouth open all the time, like an idiot while I have the cans on!!

I tried to do the same with my old headphones (Senn PX100) and it made no difference at all.

Is this something that has been noticed before / peculiar to the M-80 / peculiar to me (most likely)?

Once again, sorry for the newb question..

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #5 of 15
Doesnt sound too farfetched, not as much as raising cables off the ground in case of possible electromagnetic inteference with the signal.
Perhaps bite on a wooden block? Lol, sounding more like a torture situation.

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #6 of 15
They will improve with AMPs help....

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #7 of 15
Bite an apple 
biggrin.gif

Once in awhile I open my mouth in preparation if I know there's gonna be a really awesome section of the song coming up 
cool.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #9 of 15
It's not stupid, it's really normal. My guess is when you open your mouth you allow the sound waves vibrating on your skull to 'escape'. However the middle ear is connected to the nose through the Eustachian tube, and your nose is already open so it might not be because of that.
Now you can start thinking how to mod your M80s to sound like that without having your mouth open 
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #10 of 15
For some reason this thread gives me a good laugh. I do feel the same way when I yawn. The music got louder but kinda muddied. When it happens, I always take a deep, hard breath and things go back to normal. I don't know if I just described it correctly......... 
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #15 of 15
My headphones sound better in the shower
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back