I'm drunk and I want a good pair of cans - does this make a good title ?
Jun 13, 2013 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

glaflem

New Head-Fier
Hi from France !

I'll try to keep it simple but you gonna have to excuse me for all the mispelling and other mistakes i'll do because i'm really screw* up ! (and french !)

I'm searching a good pair of open circum cans, but my problem is that there is really too many headphones and I have no idea wich one I would buy

That's a shame because I really don't fancy or extraordinary headphone, I just want open/semi open circun good sounding cans under 200$ / 150€ 

What I like :
- metal / dnb / electronic stuff / ambient
- comfy headphones
- good bass not floppy
- "ovale" shape  like round shape but kind of square or like sennh if it's clearer

what i dislike:
- medium centric headphone, if i want to listen radio i use one !
- ultra flat and boring cans
 - 600 ohms, seriously who want a beyer ????

what i don't give a sh**
- people hearing my music
- how i look

If someone have / has ( too tired to search ) something for me I'm very interested =D

btw if some want chill with a french bast*** during this summer contact me !

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:
Hi from France !

I'll try to keep it simple but you gonna have to excuse me for all the mispelling and other mistakes i'll do because i'm really screw* up ! (and french !)

I'm searching a good pair of open circum cans, but my problem is that there is really too many headphones and I have no idea wich one I would buy

That's a shame because I really don't fancy or extraordinary headphone, I just want open/semi open circun good sounding cans under 200$ / 150€ 

What I like :
- comfy headphones
- good bass not floppy
- "ovale" shape  like round shape but kind of square or like sennh if it's clearer

what i dislike:

what i don't give a sh**
- how i look

If someone have / has ( too tired to search ) something for me I'm very interested =D

Beyers are actually my suggestion. DT990 250ohm or 32ohm(32 if you don't have any amp). They are fun and exciting with great comfort.

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
What I like :
- comfy headphones
- good bass not floppy
what i dislike:
what i don't give a sh**
- how i look

It might help to know what source(s) your going to be plugging the headphones into?

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 11
It might help to know what source(s) your going to be plugging the headphones into?

Agreed.

It would also help to know what you mean by "good bass not floppy." People's definition of good bass can vary widely, and I'm not sure I've ever heard "floppy" bass :)

Do you have some other pairs of headphones that you have heard that you can use to describe the type of bass you are looking for (or not)?

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 11
Hi everybody !

Fist of all thanx for your replies =D

250 ohms that's ok but 600 not even in my worst nightmares, I don't have the money for a 500 bucks amp ...

I have a Fiio E07K Andes which make me really happy, I don't want to spend money on "audiophile" expensive DAC

Today I have my good old Koss UR40T, I know it's not 1st rank headphones but I like them they have a good shape, they are lightweight and they doesn't sound bad maybe a bit forward in the high but the bass aren't here enough.

In a perfect world I would have something like them, but with a way better build quality et a better sound, much clearer with deep bass

Anyway thank you all for your replies =)

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 11
I'm not familiar with those Koss headphones. But since you have a good amp, I would imagine that either of the Beyers previously mentioned would be a good upgrade. That's quite a leap in class for headphones.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #9 of 11
Just double check before you buy and make sure your Fiio E07K will support the impedance of whatever headphones you choose. There's an owners' thread for you DAC where they could help you figure that out: http://www.head-fi.org/t/638910/fiio-e07k-andes-review-and-help-thread

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
Hi from France !

What I like :
- comfy headphones
- good bass not floppy

what i dislike:

what i don't give a sh**
- how i look

lol 600 ohm beyers are the best.

my favorite headphone is the 600 ohm T1. and the DT 990- 600 ohm is pretty sweet if you have an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back