I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #151 of 408
Quote:
Just got my pair from a friend who picked them up at the display space rented by lendmeurears in Singapore. The box has 16-digit code on a scratch-off sticker.

I scratched off the sticker and went to http://www.yesno.com.cn/Customer/fac9107/Auth.asp via the second in the topmost row of links at http://vsonic.com/
Entered the 16-digit code and the captcha code and got the message "[size=small]感谢您购买 威索尼可电子(深圳)有限公司的正宗产品。"[/size] which means "Thank you for buying an authentic product from VSONIC (Shenzhen)".

There were two packs of ear tips supplied, in addition of the 6 visible from the front of the packaging and the two double-flange ones pre-installed. Had a bit of driver flex... so over to Comply foam tips. 
normal_smile%20.gif

Yep hahaha exactly what I got in terms of accessories. Will check later to see if mine is legit too O_o 

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #152 of 408
Mine just arrived. Loads of tips, nice little carry pouch, clip...nicely packaged. Initial impression, if these are NOT the bass version, I don't want the bass version...these have more than enough bass, low subwoofer bass at that...haha...for the price I paid, $36 shipped, they aren't bad at all. I've had them on my head 10 minutes, not sure how they respond to burn in, but I like them. Mids and highs a bit veiled, but I think that will lift in time or with some EQing...then again, I just came off a 5 hour listening session last night with my new Ety ER-4S...so pretty much anything right now will probably sound like they have recessed mids and highs...haha...anyways...the GR02 for the price are going to be a fun IEM I think and great for on the go when I don't want to risk my Ety.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #153 of 408
And for anyone wondering, the Comply T400 fit these perfectly and actually make a bit of difference in sound...really help bring up the highs and mids...I mean a serious difference. I was installing them while I was typing the above post. After I submitted I stuck these back in my ears and yeah, the difference is very big...so there you have it...the GR02 Bass NEED the Comply T400 tips...lol

And they sound pretty darn good straight off my iPhone4 too. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #154 of 408
And for anyone wondering, the Comply T400 fit these perfectly and actually make a bit of difference in sound...really help bring up the highs and mids...I mean a serious difference. I was installing them while I was typing the above post. After I submitted I stuck these back in my ears and yeah, the difference is very big...so there you have it...the GR02 Bass NEED the Comply T400 tips...lol

And they sound pretty darn good straight off my iPhone4 too. 

It makes sense that they do and I was thinking of getting some comply's too. But it's just that, the maintenance required for comply's is too much for me :T (don't a pair comply's only last maybe 2 weeks?) Other tips I've noticed that bring up the mids and the highs are meelec tri-flanges, they just add a neutrality to the sound...

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #155 of 408
Not sure. Just got my comply tips. I hope they last longer cause they aren't cheap :/

I would guess some Shure olives would work very well with these too.

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #156 of 408
Quote:

It makes sense that they do and I was thinking of getting some comply's too. But it's just that, the maintenance required for comply's is too much for me :T (don't a pair comply's only last maybe 2 weeks?)Other tips I've noticed that bring up the mids and the highs are meelec tri-flanges, they just add a neutrality to the sound...

I'm using the T400 with mine. The mids sound more forward than on the Brainwavz M5 and M4, which I use with the supplied S400 Comply foam tips. I've used Comply tips for a few years. Never really wore any out before some other new earphones caught my fancy. But I've never transferred the tips from one pair of earphones to another. That would probably wear them out much quicker.

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #157 of 408
It is very easy to verify if you have gotten the balanced or bass enhanced GR02.

Simply look at the 'ring' next to the Vsonic branding on the IEMs, the balanced will be chrome colored and the bass enhanced brownish.

Just auditioned both at a local shop, personally preferred the balanced; the bass enhanced kinda distort the vocals (without EQ-ing).

The GR04 has very clear vocal, almost crystalline, bass slightly lacking vis-a-vis the GR02 balanced though.

Oct 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #159 of 408
Quote:
Mine just arrived. Loads of tips, nice little carry pouch, clip...nicely packaged. Initial impression, if these are NOT the bass version, I don't want the bass version...these have more than enough bass, low subwoofer bass at that...haha...for the price I paid, $36 shipped, they aren't bad at all. I've had them on my head 10 minutes, not sure how they respond to burn in, but I like them. Mids and highs a bit veiled, but I think that will lift in time or with some EQing...then again, I just came off a 5 hour listening session last night with my new Ety ER-4S...so pretty much anything right now will probably sound like they have recessed mids and highs...haha...anyways...the GR02 for the price are going to be a fun IEM I think and great for on the go when I don't want to risk my Ety.

Haha! that was exactly what i thought when i tried the balance edition (the name for the non-bass ones) those were pretty bassy. But since i was at a store where i could audition both i tried out the bass ones anyway and was pleasantly surprised that the amount of bass was not increased that much.. it seems to have a more impactful and clearer bass than the balanced ones which i felt had its bass slightly more muffled.. So its more like increased bass clarity more than additional bass and i ended up choosing the bass ed.. haha.. 

Oct 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #160 of 408
Quote:

I purchased them from ebay seller keny-lin.  He puts them up for bid starting at $20 every once in a while.

Right now he has a couple up for sale at $28, which is still a steal for these.  I'm thinking of picking up another pair since they might be discontinued.

Hi Elvergun, how many pairs of stock tips did you get with yours? is yours the balanced or bass edition?

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #161 of 408
[size=10pt] ..after letting these little guys 'cook' for about 50 hours..[/size]
[size=10pt]  [/size]
This is my first [size=10pt]Vsonic [/size]earphone and I am impressed with the construction, packaging, and price.    The phones appear to be excellent quality, good strain relief, cable with an L-plug, a decent storage bag, and I think 100 tips. I have paid much more for earphones that arrived in a Ziplock snack baggie with 4 tips.  While generous, I am not a fan of any of the single flange tips supplied.  I affixed a set of MEElec "balanced" bi-flanges that offer superior comfort and seal (thanks, |joker|).

[size=x-small]My impression of these phones is mixed.  First, tracks that are bass neutral, or even bass deficient.. The top end and mids have excellent presence.  The mids are not forward, being quite neutral and surprisingly accurate for such a 'low cost' device.  The highs/mids rival my reference IEM (RE-ZERO) and can render a true 3D experience with some recordings...very impressive. This earphone has the most 'energy' and 'fun' of any I have owned, and is unbelievably efficient.. you can literally blow your brains out without external amplification.  The soundstage and accuracy will stay coherent up to and beyond the pain threshold (in case you were wondering). [/size]

[size=x-small]As Magicman stated earlier in this post, some phones will make you tap your feet, while this earphone is so much fun it can quickly have you doing air-guitar [Jim Beam and I performed an incredible, impromptu concert last week with this earphone which the dogs seemed to enjoy].  The bass is strong and impactful with these types of tracks, and is a fatigue free, enjoyable experience.  Bass and kettle drums will make you smile.. the attack and timbre are correct with the appropriate punch. [/size]

[size=x-small]Second, bass enhanced recordings (recorded bass-heavy) is a mixed bag.... listening to Mannheim Steamroller "Fresh Aire" tracks is a treat.  These phones will accurately go deep.  It feels like a quality sub-woofer has been lodged in the hypothalamus. Even in a subsonic condition, the low-end never spills over to veil or distort the mids and highs, which I find remarkable for a single driver, dynamic device.  However, midbass-centric recordings (but not in the sub-sonic range) can be unpleasant...like being in a small bathroom listening to a cheap 8" woofer mounted in a cardboard box.  While the highs/mids always stay controlled, the mid-low end can get congested and muddy...but this is very recording dependent.  In general,[/size] I do not 'equalize', as this is against my religious beliefs.

[size=x-small]Overall this is an impressive earphone, and performs way beyond its price point. This model is fun and efficient, but some care [/size][size=small](e.g. equalization..ugh!)[/size]  with some recordings would be required to tame the low end.

*EDIT*
My impressions above were done with an HM-601 driving.  I have since tried these with an ipod nano.  Ok..now I get it...big difference.  The ipod has less psi in the hose, and the balance is much better.  I must say these are perfect for an ipod.  Everything is pulled back just a bit and it works nicely.  These will be my defacto phones for the nano... they are paired very well.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #162 of 408
Quote:
[size=10pt] ..after letting these little guys 'cook' for about 50 hours..[/size]
[size=10pt]  [/size]
This is my first [size=10pt]Vsonic [/size]earphone and I am impressed with the construction, packaging, and price.    The phones appear to be excellent quality, good strain relief, cable with an L-plug, a decent storage bag, and I think 100 tips. I have paid much more for earphones that arrived in a Ziplock snack baggie with 4 tips.  While generous, I am not a fan of any of the single flange tips supplied.  I affixed a set of MEElec "balanced" bi-flanges that offer superior comfort and seal (thanks, |joker|).

[size=x-small]My impression of these phones is mixed.  First, tracks that are bass neutral, or even bass deficient.. The top end and mids have excellent presence.  The mids are not forward, being quite neutral and surprisingly accurate for such a 'low cost' device.  The highs/mids rival my reference IEM (RE-ZERO) and can render a true 3D experience with some recordings...very impressive. This earphone has the most 'energy' and 'fun' of any I have owned, and is unbelievably efficient.. you can literally blow your brains out without external amplification.  The soundstage and accuracy will stay coherent up to and beyond the pain threshold (in case you were wondering). [/size]

[size=x-small]As Magicman stated earlier in this post, some phones will make you tap your feet, while this earphone is so much fun it can quickly have you doing air-guitar [Jim Beam and I performed an incredible, impromptu concert last week with this earphone which the dogs seemed to enjoy].  The bass is strong and impactful with these types of tracks, and is a fatigue free, enjoyable experience.  Bass and kettle drums will make you smile.. the attack and timbre are correct with the appropriate punch. [/size]

[size=x-small]Second, bass enhanced recordings (recorded bass-heavy) is a mixed bag.... listening to Mannheim Steamroller "Fresh Aire" tracks is a treat.  These phones will accurately go deep.  It feels like a quality sub-woofer has been lodged in the hypothalamus. Even in a subsonic condition, the low-end never spills over to veil or distort the mids and highs, which I find remarkable for a single driver, dynamic device.  However, midbass-centric recordings (but not in the sub-sonic range) can be unpleasant...like being in a small bathroom listening to a cheap 8" woofer mounted in a cardboard box.  While the highs/mids always stay controlled, the mid-low end can get congested and muddy...but this is very recording dependent.  In general,[/size] I do not 'equalize', as this is against my religious beliefs.

[size=x-small]Overall this is an impressive earphone, and performs way beyond its price point. This model is fun and efficient, but some care [/size][size=small](e.g. equalization..ugh!)[/size]  with some recordings would be required to tame the low end in some recordings.

Nice read and I agree the GR02 BE are very nice for the price. I have to ask though since you posted 1 day and 4 hours ago that you had just received these how was it possible to get 50 hours of cook time in?
tongue.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #164 of 408
Can someone please explain are default silicon tips on vsonic gr 02 happens to be largest from all in the box, because it seem that i have laaarge holes in my ears? THNX!!! When im sit still, its ok, but when i move a litle, they drop off bit by bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back