I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Apr 15, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #392 of 408
Hi, could anyone help me with gr02 purchase.
I own a pair, which i bought from bigbargainonline;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-Pro-R02proII-Silver-Cord-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380368381222?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item588fb8e526
And I like them a lot. I wanted to buy another 2 (one for me, and another for my friend) and when I checked ebay, there were another trusted seller - lendmeurear: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vsonic-GR02-Bass-/321362767531?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ad2b6aeab

Shipping cost included, buying from him would be 14$ cheaper. So I wanted to know if there is any difference between the 2. I'm really confused with all those 'editions' gr02 model seems to have. Could anyone confirm that the 2 mentioned items are basically the same, or explain what's the difference between them? I asked the seller, he haven't replied yet.
Basically what I need to know is:
Do they sound identical?  What's the form of the plug of lendmeurear's set square or 'hockey stick'?
Thank you.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #393 of 408
  Hi, could anyone help me with gr02 purchase.
I own a pair, which i bought from bigbargainonline;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-Pro-R02proII-Silver-Cord-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380368381222?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item588fb8e526
And I like them a lot. I wanted to buy another 2 (one for me, and another for my friend) and when I checked ebay, there were another trusted seller - lendmeurear: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vsonic-GR02-Bass-/321362767531?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ad2b6aeab

Shipping cost included, buying from him would be 14$ cheaper. So I wanted to know if there is any difference between the 2. I'm really confused with all those 'editions' gr02 model seems to have. Could anyone confirm that the 2 mentioned items are basically the same, or explain what's the difference between them? I asked the seller, he haven't replied yet.
Basically what I need to know is:
Do they sound identical?  What's the form of the plug of lendmeurear's set square or 'hockey stick'?
Thank you.

Lendmeurears is an authorized vsonic reseller, so it's fine. Most of the vsonics I had were from LMUW with the exception of a couple from bigbargainonline. R02ProII is the old version while the Gr02 Bass is the newer updated version. As far as the plug goes, I think that aside from the first batches of the Gr02 Bass edition it comes with L-plug and not a hockey stick lol 

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #396 of 408
One of the ears of my gr02s stopped working when they went into the washing machine by accident like a month ago but I still kept them lying around. Just checked them today and both the ear piece are working fine now 0_o and the sound is just as good!

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #397 of 408
If i would like to upgrade my GR02 Bass Edition, should i take VSD3S or VSD3? LMUE said that VSD3S has more bass but i wonder how bass it is compared to GR02 BE. I love VSD3S color in red-blue pair. Actually i wanna do some testing before buying one but not sure if they are available in Indonesia yet.

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #398 of 408
Quote:

how is the vsonic gr02 bass edition compared to an ath ckm-500?

not even a single relation. ckm500 is extremely low on deep bass (~31hz). it has a vertical soundstage which lacks depth (mid layering). it's treble is harsh and low on resolution. vocal & mid & bass seperation, i mean the main frequency seperations aren't shining either. if anyone seeking for upgrade to ckm500 without changing any of the above said parameters, should look for ostry products. 

How do these compare to creative ep 630s?

creative ep series are one of the most basic series in the market. they're definitely not trash but they're cheap sounding items compared to vsonic. they're on a different league for sure. creative's might provide some bass power and clean sound but that's it. frequency seperation is the main feature of vsonic products. after that of course gr02 has even more deep bass and more treble resolution. definitely an upgrade.

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #399 of 408
  Well thats it, I'm finished. I found the PERFECT Iem for me...I own all the Vsonic's except for the 07, and the GR02 hit's the spot just perfect.

man it's so weird. vsd3 was my first item from vsonic. i returned it to the seller for connector fault. then i saw gr02 in discount with $25 price in lmue, i couldn't help it & bought. given the "bass edition" name and small size, i was expecting something like xiaomi piston. i plugged them to my ear and the first shock was the vocal seperation. they were just the same with the vsd3. and bass... the deep bass (~30-60hz) which i care the most was existing with the same or maybe more amount. the mid layers was horizontally placed, making the soundstage deeper which was correcting the most annoying thing for me in the vsd3. the treble also came to me more sweet than vsd3. more relaxed, more involving with the other frequencies while not ruining them. i tried so hard to find a fault in these but i couldn't. 

i care the bass and while it's bass still not as powerful as koss products, i think it's doing fine overall. i like them more than vsd3 for sure. after trying 19 earphones in last 6 months. it's feels good to finally find something that worth the time & money wasted. they're sitting on my desk right now, i can hear them calling my name... it's hard to resist. i think i'm falling in love with these. i don't know why this is happening maybe it's because of all other disappointments. i need more time to compare with koss and i'll give a chance to my upcoming vsd3s to make the conclusion about vsd3 soundstage, but i wanted to share my early thoughts. nice product, very nice...

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #400 of 408
  Female vocals sound great if you're not sensitive to the treble but male vocals can get grainy at times.

when i was using the vsd3, i was feeling that highs aren't involving enough with the both vocals. on gr02, i feel they're involving enough with the female vocals, but the relation with the males are still the same with vsd3. i don't know if we're talking about the same thing but i wanted to state this.

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #401 of 408
  when i was using the vsd3, i was feeling that highs aren't involving enough with the both vocals. on gr02, i feel they're involving enough with the female vocals, but the relation with the males are still the same with vsd3. i don't know if we're talking about the same thing but i wanted to state this.

Gr02be is more aggressive in the lower treble, while the vsd3s still packing good amount of energy in this region is smoother and more ethereal sounding, so female vocals can sound a bit more exciting with gr02be but they are also thinner and more fatiguing. Also, vsd3s has better bass impact and punch and the more prominent mid-bass helps with the presence of male vocals. In comparison gr02 is more sub-bassy and I found myself enjoying male vocals only with de-cored shure olives. With silicone tips it was a nit too V-shaped and grainy for my taste.

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #402 of 408
I really like the sound of the GR02 Bass Edition IEM's. I ordered from Lend Me UR Ears in Singapore, their service was perfect all round.

My 8y/o UE10 Pro's died on me a few weeks ago, well, the bass just vanished, so I needed replacement 'phones and got the GR02's, I'm amazed that they sound so darn good, beautiful sound, no EQ'ing required for my ears on my playback system.

I'm still pissed off that my $1000 IEM's stopped working, never ever will I pay that amount of money for earphones again. I'm considering flattening the UE's with a hammer and returning them to sender as junk as that's what I really think of them, all that hassle and expense for what, a marginally better sound ? Not Worth It.

My portable music system is,
iRiver H140
iBasso D10
GR02 BE

Music is now a joy to listen to.

Sep 24, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #403 of 408
Cannot resist adding to an old thread, because...I'm done too.
I Love These Earphones! :) :)
After a few years using a variety of IEMs, from Jays to Klipsch, I "discovered" these GR02BE by accident 5 or 6 years ago and am still loving the same pair, in my ears as I type. They have survived endless gym sessions, thousands of miles of traveling and every possible situation earphones and indeed ears can encounter.
Recently a renewed itching has led to looking at alternatives. SoundMagic have come and, hopefully next week, gone :wink: other Chinese iEMs tried and discounted. Nothing, but nothing in the same price range or IMHO even far above come within distance of these. Just ordered some spares from LMUE in case these ever give up - I guess nothing lasts forever - or in case they stop production. I couldn't imagine not having a pair of these!
Energetic, powerful, gorgeously phrased bass, crisp treble, high volume, everything about them fit my tastes in music and sound *perfectly*. I've been in love for years. Now tying the knot permanently.
Of course, I am aware that there are alternatives, but like any marriage you learn to resist temptation, because sometimes you just got it right. :) :)
(Apologies for any blatant over enthusiasm, heh, but seriously everyone should try these once... :wink:

Sep 27, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #405 of 408
[/quote]
I agree with you. I have tried several IEMs and GR02BE has that character that I always keep on referring to.

Thanks! At least know it's not just me. :wink:
I have sold all my other IEMs this week, all I own now is 2 pairs of GR02BE. :)
I am aware that there must be "better" and I would love to know what..I am not rich enough to keep experimenting until I find them! And other Vsonics don't fit my cauliflower ears - must be shaped like GR02, anyone got suggestions in the $1-200 range, same "power" but maybe smoother? I'm all ears... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back