I'm building a CMoy
Mar 20, 2006 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

F50GTR

New Head-Fier
I think it will be a good experience, as well as practicing my board-ing and soldering skills.

However, am I going to hear a difference with my Ety Er-4P's from my iPod? I know pictures from other people that have used Er-4P's and iPods with CMoys... I havent heard experiences though... These say they dont require an amp... so... I guess I'm confused, is this going to be worth it in the end?

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 8
My 68ohm Altec IEM distorts with a cmoy using an Ibook source. I've experienced this with two cmoys made by two different people. Now I don't know if it will be the same with an Ety but the Altec shares at the very least some Ety technology whatever that means. But these IEMs really blossom with amps. I am hoping for a solution to this.

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino
My 68ohm Altec IEM distorts with a cmoy using an Ibook source. I've experienced this with two cmoys made by two different people. Now I don't know if it will be the same with an Ety but the Altec shares at the very least some Ety technology whatever that means. But these IEMs really blossom with amps. I am hoping for a solution to this.

That's interesting...

Mar 27, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 8
I sort of feel like perhaps building a cmoy just for the heck of it, maybe.
Would it be any use if I did?
I listen from: laptop soundcard, Pioneer stereo, Creative Zen Micro
I listen with: Sennheiser HD212Pro, perhaps soon AKG K81DJ, both 32 ohms; soon also with some 16 ohm creative IEMs that obviously won't need it.

I also have been known to hook up my Zen Micro to various stereos using a mini-to-RCA cable, which means that at some stage along the way I have to pump up the volume to a distastefully high level. This seems like the place I'd be most likely to use it.

If it can do nothing useful, I might just give it to someone I know who needs it, or just use them to build up l33t skills until I do need them.

Or I might just forget about it.

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #5 of 8
People get mixed responses from the cmoy with IEMs. I got static using my well-built cmoy and my E2cs. I will report once I get my E3s. No static with my Grados. They're more for the big cans, because usually the IEMs isolate so well DAPs built in amps can power them well.

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 8
I don't get static in my cmoy, gain of 6, with the ER-6i.

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
They're more for the big cans, because usually the IEMs isolate so well DAPs built in amps can power them well.

confused.gif
That has nothing to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back