Im a scrub. Looking for the best Headphone For price
Oct 24, 2008 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Orngemaster55

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone. Im looking for a great pair of headphones for the price. Im tired of the crap at target and Walmart because they undubobtly break. Im not looking to spend at ton of money but i do have pockets. I was looking at the Sennheiser eH350 and the sennheiser hd 250. I am clueless. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the inputs.

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orngemaster55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone. Im looking for a great pair of headphones for the price. Im tired of the crap at target and Walmart because they undubobtly break. Im not looking to spend at ton of money but i do have pockets. I was looking at the Sennheiser eH350 and the sennheiser hd 250. I am clueless. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the inputs.

What do you listen to? Do you need isolation? Generic recommendation would be MS1, AD700, ES7 and D1001.

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 14
i listen to rock alternative and techno/electronica. Noise cancel would be nice and i think also isolation. Idk if thats the same. I would also like to use for movies and video games, but not all the time.

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 14
i can go up to 85 right now. College with no job is a real hastle.
angry_face.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #6 of 14
at 85 dollars you might be able to get some Denon D1001 or Equation Audio RP21. I'd recommend the M-Audio Q-40 but those are about ~92 on ebay.

Those are all closed so theyll isolate some sound (keep it out and keep it in) I don't have experience with open headphones in this price range but maybe grado sr60 would be good too. Its a common rec.

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #8 of 14
jvc harx700. goes for 38.00 shipped from buy.com
large headphone- sounds like an audio technica 'a' series headphone for a fraction of the price

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #9 of 14
My recommendation are the grado sr-60s. They are very nice phone for not that much money.

They play alternative very well and aren't totally bass shy.

The only "issue" with these phones are that they are open designed meaning that others close to you will hear what your listening to and if your in a really noise environment it will effect your listening pleasure. If you listen in a noisy environment you need phones that "isolate", if your worried about disturbing others you need phones that have low "sound leakage" and may want to look into a pair of closed headphones. For closed headphones I was able to find a nice par of Audio Technica ATH-ES7 for just over $100 bucks shipped on amazon.com. They are really nice closed phones.

So in conclusion my recommendations are: Grado SR-60 for open design and AT ATH-ES7 for closed design.

Welcome to Head-Fi. May your wallet survive.

Oct 25, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orngemaster55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i listen to rock alternative and techno/electronica. Noise cancel would be nice and i think also isolation. Idk if thats the same. I would also like to use for movies and video games, but not all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anything AKG.....

That recommendation does not compute with what the OP said he listens to.

Oct 25, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That recommendation does not compute with what the OP said he listens to.

Hahhah.. true
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back