iHP problems... Just how do you load music (as opposed to drag and drop folders)?
Apr 2, 2004 at 6:16 PM Post #16 of 19
Actually, it's not that odd. Problem is, no one company has tried to make the effort thus far, to have this kind of program or feature for the IHP. I do totally blame this on the Iriver people. They're really uncooperative towards people who approach them in hopes of being able to obtain source code to do things that Iriver themselves refuse to do. It's really farked.

However, the J.River devs are working on this. If you look at Media Center, you'll see that it supoorts multiple DAP's which is very promising. Not to mention the fast progress they've already shown us in the past couple weeks with WMDM Iriver products.

Also take into consideration that Apple had this in mind from the start and that the iPod has been around longer than the IHP line... I don't see Iriver creating a similar program, simply because they lack the programming talent to do so, and they refuse to spend the money on outsourcing. If they were to hire some people from India...it would be done in a heartbeat, but they're way too cheap to ever do such a thing. If this wasn't the truth, we'd see all current bugs on the IHP fixed and so on.

So until some 3rd party vendor steps in (like the J. River dudes), we're stuck with LYRIC SUPPORT. Yay.

Apr 2, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #17 of 19
I've downloaded version 10 and a bit of fiddling about later, it seems to work as I need it to. Cool. Thanks for the help. I'm not sure about the user-friendliness of jRiver but it has some interesting features like transcode to handheld. I can see uses for that in my case when I start my massive re-rip undertaking.

Apr 2, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #18 of 19
As for the user friendlyness...Mmmm, I'd give ita 6 out of 10 because there are just way too many features and options to get a handle on right away. It took me a bit to get around it comfortably, but now it's like butter. I absolutely love it. It's totally taken the place of all the other programs on my box. I love that it automatically creates sub folders for however you specify it to when you rip a CD. I have mine set up to do Artist/Album. And the tagging for the songs are totally independent of that, so I have THEM set up for track number/name of song.

Sometimes having too many options is overwhelming.

Apr 4, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #19 of 19
MC might seem a bit confusing at first sight, but after a while it's pretty nifty and easy to use. For me it works as a dream. It's pretty damn powerfull, and I don't even use all of the features. One of my favorit funktion is the ability to create folders as you like (ie year\artist\album\#-name etc) and AMG lookup on current playing artist.

The ease-of-use have improved significantly since early v9, when I joined the MC-wagon. I would proberbly rate v10 6-7 out of 10 at first sight, and 9 out of 10 when you've gotten use to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back