iHP problems... Just how do you load music (as opposed to drag and drop folders)?
Apr 2, 2004 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm wondering what's the simplest way to use the iRiver iHP like iPod/iTunes or Nomad/Mediasource when it comes to transferring music. The OS-based drag & drop feature is fine in itself as a technical capability, but it's a real pain in the ass for choosing music to put on the player if there are no integrated options like iTunes and you have a quantity of folders in your music subdirectory literally approaching the thousand mark.

I can drop tracks straight from the track listing to the iPod in iTunes, but I'm not sure how I can do the equivalent with the iRiver. I have Musicmatch 7.5, Winamp and of course iTunes. Not hugely impressed by Foobar but if it does this then I'll happily use it. Could someone help me out?

Apr 2, 2004 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 19
I haven't used this program, but I think I remember Austonia recommending the J River program as beng compatible with the IHP in an "Itunes-like manner".

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/

I might be wrong though.

If this isn't it, and there is a program, I'll keep my IHP 120 though.
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by 4P4me
I haven't used this program, but I think I remember Austonia recommending the J River program as beng compatible with the IHP in an "Itunes-like manner".

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/

I might be wrong though.

If this isn't it, and there is a program, I'll keep my IHP 120 though.
biggrin.gif

Funny, that was exacly what I was gonna recomend too
smily_headphones1.gif
Great minds think alike...

If you like the MC10 be to get a license pretty soon, 'cause they're currently a tad cheaper (I think it's $15)

What you can do with MC is:
decide how the folders should be setup on the player (ie artist/album/track# - name or year/artist - album/track# - name or however you would like it.)

Futhermore it got smartlist and playlists, og you can have a playlist with all the music you wants on the player. You have to have option-->devices: enable wmdm devices on to use ihp

Apr 2, 2004 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by pank2002
What you can do with MC is:
decide how the folders should be setup on the player (ie artist/album/track# - name or year/artist - album/track# - name or however you would like it.)

I can't see how to do this. On selecting Send To Device option, everything is put into the root... Makes navigation a tad tricky.

Apr 2, 2004 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by 4P4me

I've never used that program. One of the main selling points for me was the iHP's file/folder view, as opposed to a pure ID3-tag database on most models. For the older 10% of my music from the napster/pre-napster days, that's missing all kinds of tag data.

Apr 2, 2004 at 3:19 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
I can't see how to do this. On selecting Send To Device option, everything is put into the root... Makes navigation a tad tricky.

I think you have to rightclick on the "drive % devices" - in the side - and select your player (proberbly got some drive letter; fx my iPod is I") and right click on it. Els it's in the action-window (down in the left corner), where you have to right click.

check this thread out.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/inde...threadid=20160

Apr 2, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
I've never used that program. One of the main selling points for me was the iHP's file/folder view, as opposed to a pure ID3-tag database on most models. For the older 10% of my music from the napster/pre-napster days, that's missing all kinds of tag data.

Sorry about that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #11 of 19
Yeah, that was me talkin' bout Media Center. Only in the latest build, (10.something, which is just about to become finalized and out of its beta status) can you get the latest Iriver compatibility features. Here's the thread:

J. River Media Center for Iriver players

Take note though, that the sync features and other things are manually done for the time being with the IHP's until they get their hands on the actual devices in order to re-write the code for full support. As of now, it fully supports WMDM Iriver devices, which I think falls into the iFP series.

In order to see the IHP in the "devices" category (in MC) you need to uncheck the WMDM option unter : Tools > Options > devices, where it's near the bottom.

Apr 2, 2004 at 5:41 PM Post #14 of 19
Fraid not man. Sorry. But we do have a few Mac users over at the Mistic forums. They'd know if anything. I'll keep an active eye out for you though. If anything comes up, you'll be the first to know.

Apr 2, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
I've just spotted and downloaded gUSB http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=139125 which may be at least part of what I've been looking for. We'll see.

Guess not. I've spent about 4 hours hunting through this information. Is this normal? Is what I'm trying to do that unusual that something I can do without problems in iTunes 30 seconds after I installed it or even Musicmatch + iPod plugin can't be done on the iRiver? Very odd...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back