IHP 120...where to buy?
Oct 30, 2003 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 11
There have been many posts about this. The lowest price I've seen is $349 with free s/h from a matter of fax

There are other places with similar prices but not sure about the s/h bit. I'm sure that when the unit finally ships internationally, the prices will change for the better..they always do.

OH..as a side note to people here, I read a review over at the Iriver forums, from a person who has already received their IHP-120 from Iriver. She and her husband are apparently over joyed with it and are keeping the forum updated with info. I can't wait.

Oct 30, 2003 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 11
Oct 30, 2003 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 11
my friend got his from iriver yesterday.

in short, he wasn't impressed. he said the sound quality is "about the same as his archos 20gb".... i told him to do a comparison with his brother's 60gb zen, so we'll have to see what he finds.

personally, this seems like the mp3 player for me when i outgrow my zen. love the interface. love the remote. but hopefully the sound quality is equal to that of the zen. after all, the primary purpose of an mp3 player is to listen to music...

Oct 30, 2003 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 11
If I buy it from the Iriver distributer here in sweden it will cost me like 670$ so the option of buying from iriver will cost me to much, and iriveramerica only ship within Canada and the US.
frown.gif

Oct 30, 2003 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 11
I received my iHP-120 today from iRiver. All i can say is WOW!! Now, to be fair I have owned a Zen NX and my brother owns an Ipod. The iRiver blows the Ipod outta the water for sound and features and is at least equal to or better than the Zen on sound quality and of course easily outpaces the Zen on features. Of course one has to realise that sound quality is VERY subjective since all listeners ears are different and have different capabilities. In my opinion the iHP-120 is an Ipod killer!!

Oct 30, 2003 at 11:38 PM Post #8 of 11
This is in reply to both phatty and deejayshakur:

When comparing Mp3's on said products, I'm curious to know if all the files are identical in terms of how they were encoded. It may be unfair to compare these "products" if the files are produced differently. Another factor to consider when comparing, assuming that all files were theoretically encoded with Lame 3.92 or higher with say VBR (alt preset extreme for instance), is what cans were used AND (BIG AND) whether or not any dsp's were used or if there was no/flat EQ.

With all those things being the same, a comparison is now able to be made fairly for each product. At least, that's how I feel. This is also how I compare the quality of sound cards as well. Flat Eq all the way, let the music and speakers do the talking.

Oct 31, 2003 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 11
Sorry to post again...but this is more ON topic...

I just spoke to someone over at Ecost.com (phone) and he said that there will be 2 shipments. One arrives on November 2nd and the other on the 10th. There are a total of 190 units comming at this time, with 88 already backordered. Hurry if you want one. I'm going to call amatteroffax and find out the same there. Oh, also $349 free s/h for ground. $10 overnight and $8 2 day.

Oct 31, 2003 at 2:47 AM Post #11 of 11
Oooh..yeah. hell of a typo eh ? Sorry..I wish that was the price...really really wish it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back