igrado impressions
Jun 12, 2007 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

headphonejunkie

1000+ Head-Fier
I am thinking of purchasing a pair of igrados and was wondering what peoples opinions of them were.They are supposed to have the sr60 drivers in them so I would imagine they sound pretty good.

Jun 12, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 29
To be quick, I liked them a bunch. Not quite the same as the sr60, and not terribly comfortable IMO for longer than about an hour, but they were alot of fun to listen to. I found them a little muffled until I swapped out the pads with some quarter-modded KSC75 pads. Didn't do alot, but it opened up the highs a tad, those stock pads are thick. If you want a fun streetstyle can, they're great!

Jun 12, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 29
to me the iGrado is not that good a buy for $50.
The sound is ok, nothing really bad but on the other hand nothing really good (this impression is from my pair with thin Panasonic pads, have the same effect as a quarter modded iGrado pad, I did the quarter mod to original pads then moved to Panasonic pads). I prefer the KSC55's sound ALOT more, both highs and bass. The KSC55 even seems to have more detail than iGrado. iGrado's Might have good mids but somehow they are not my vocal cans either.
The neck band was very uncomfortable, had to cut away a lot of plastic (not difficult, but nevertherless a mod). Uncut neck band was even more uncomfortable than the KSC55's (on my head at least), and after it is cut and being comfortable, it doesn't feel secure anymore, like the phones are gonna fall off my ears--- these phones are too heavy for a neck band design.

The presentation is very in-your-face, at least when comparing to my other phones. Even more upfront than the Senn555 !

If you are looking for cans for street use, iGrado's are ok. No good for sports due to their weight (unless if they happen to fit you well so you don't have to mod the headbands). Of course, if you have already set your mind on the iGrado's, there are cheaper prices around such as the deal #20 at here:
http://headphile.com/page7.html

Have fun

Jun 12, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 29
love em!
definatly a "fun" type headphone...deep full bass and clear mids and highs.

with modding, the iGrados lose a little bass, but gian clarity in the middle IMHO.

A great way to start here at head-fi!

Jun 20, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #8 of 29
Can you listen to them while you sleep? Seems that the band is in the way so you can't sleep on your backside with them.
frown.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KSC75 owns all cans less than $100.

In terms of value. In terms of sound I've heard cans that are better.

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KSC75 owns all cans less than $100, where the MS-1 kicks in.

Woah let's not get crazy now. The RP-21s can be had for less than $100 shipped, and they burry the KSC-75s. And then we have the SR-60s and SR-80s, which I also feel are both superior to the KSC-75s. And of coarse let's not forget about the very popular PK-2s.

But when a price/performance ratio is considered, the KSC-75s are indeed a spectacular pair of phones.

Jun 21, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazwsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In terms of value. In terms of sound I've heard cans that are better.

When comparing cans I definitely have to compare closed cans to closed cans and open ones to. . .

What open cans have you heard that sound THAT much better?

Jun 21, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #13 of 29
imo the igrados are a fun set of can but only if they're modded. stock they're way too muffled for my tastes. unless you enjoy modding, the amount of time that it takes to mod (hole in foam and recabling) them is too much. it's easier to get a pair of sr60 and call it a day since they sound good enough without modding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back