Ignore user??
Oct 24, 2008 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

nickyboyo

500+ Head-Fier
Does anybody know whether or not it is possible to ignore selected individuals posts within the forum??

I find some people have absolutely nothing meaningful to contribute to any conversation whatsoever. Merely reading their posts just sends my blood pressure rising due to the complete 0.05 seconds of life i just wasted, in which it took my brain to process the association of seeing the name and knowing the post is going to be a complete nonsensical 1 sentence worth of drivel.

Is it possible to do this?

Oct 24, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #4 of 51
I recommend learning to not look at a post by averting your attention, the second you see the offending members name/avatar. You really wouldn't want to get into a civil discord that ends with a ban.

Oct 24, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #5 of 51
Good call amphead, i was just hoping there was a method of just doing an ignore. I know i have read in other post's that certain members were about to ignore other members during tittle tattles, and i was wondering if it was a function of the forum or a figure of speech.

Oct 24, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #8 of 51
^ You're most welcome!

I know one who post a lot of crap, but I have a hard time adding him to my ignore list.
tongue.gif

ignoreih7.jpg

Oct 24, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #9 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ You're most welcome!

I know one who post a lot of crap, but I have a hard time adding him to my ignore list.
tongue.gif

ignoreih7.jpg

Lol! Good one.

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #10 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ You're most welcome!

tongue.gif

ignoreih7.jpg

Don't worry. I've already put you into my ignore list. lol

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #13 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry. I've already put you into my ignore list. lol

Sad to see that I have made such an impression.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, ignore list is pretty helpful. Mine is stacked densely. Too bad it still shows that certain user posted something, only it's not visible.

Yeah, a complete hide of the user would be useful. But blocking the users post content are better than nothing..

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #14 of 51
Fabby thing the ignore list, it can aid in the cutdown of eyeroll inducing drivel by quite a large degree.

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #15 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fabby thing the ignore list, it can aid in the cutdown of eyeroll inducing drivel by quite a large degree.

While I don't use it frequently I certainly use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back