ignore function kind of broken
Sep 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

purrin

aka Marvey, purr1n
Member of the Trade: Eddie Current
On the Ignore function: is it possible to improve this function?

• Would be nice if ignore could make posts entirely invisible, instead of having placeholders in the thread where you can expand them.
  • Eliminate the previews on the subscriptions of forum section home pages. <--- big one.

As it is right now, the ignore function somewhat broken. I see responses anyways, usually via #2.

Fixing the ignore function would go a long way to reducing the number of wrecked threads and making life easier on the poor overworked moderators. It would also help reduce the noise.

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 16
I have this issue as well, though I'm not sure huddler can fix it.  I have quite a few people on my "ignore" list.  Unfortunately, they are mostly coworkers, and when I try to ignore them they just get more vocal and in-my-face.  If there was some way my ignoring them could marginalize their existence to a state of non-being I would be forever grateful.

Please get working on this straight away.

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 16
Oh I know they can fix it. It's just code. This kind of customization is done all the time in forum software, even by weekend-hacks / non-programmers.

IF <author of blurb> in <subscription preview box> is in [anyone on my ignore list]
  then
    <preview box contents> = "XXXXXXXXXXXX" 

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
On the Ignore function: is it possible to improve this function?

• Would be nice if ignore could make posts entirely invisible, instead of having placeholders in the thread where you can expand them.
  • Eliminate the previews on the subscriptions of forum section home pages. <--- big one.

As it is right now, the ignore function somewhat broken. I see responses anyways, usually via #2.

Fixing the ignore function would go a long way to reducing the number of wrecked threads and making life easier on the poor overworked moderators. It would also help reduce the noise.

This is an excellent suggestion.

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #12 of 16
If that was an option then the world race wouldn't evolve if you only "saw" or "heard" the people you like. All the ******* won't see or hear the smart people and thus will stagnate and natural selection will take over and all the smart ***** will be so narcisistic in their own circles that future studies on interesting new topics and competitoins to be the first to do something for any reason would stop.

I guess you can call it so peaceful and utopian(meaning "no where) that it's a dystopian sort of idea.

Sep 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #13 of 16
No bowei. Sometimes it's just as simple as I don't want to see this up-and-coming, rising star reviewer extraordinaire's posts that's been popping in all over the place. It's as annoying as swarms of flies. Besides, you're misconstruing Radio_head's post, I think.

Sep 23, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:
No bowei. Sometimes it's just as simple as I don't want to see this up-and-coming, rising star reviewer extraordinaire's posts that's been popping in all over the place. It's as annoying as swarms of flies. Besides, you're misconstruing Radio_head's post, I think.

I was talking about real life. He was talking about an ignore function in real life.

Why are those posts annoying? Are they not reviews? And as that rising star reviewer has dealt with many products by the time you would even call him a rising star extraordanaire, he would have more experience and actual listening to be able to give a better review and answer than the majority of head-fi impressions is it not?

But I see what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back