iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1 winner of iCAN nano is...
May 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #406 of 471
Well done Isaiah 
biggrin.gif

Would love to hear your thoughts on it once it arrives.

May 13, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #408 of 471
Goodness gracious me!

Quote:
  Today, we are pleased to announce winner no 2:

PerfectMatch/IEMatch - Bedlam Inside #149

I NEVER win ANYTHING in a raffle. I'm so chuffed. PM send.

Didn't think my suggestions were that good. Thank you all at iFi, you are truly "Beyond Awesome".

A double cheers from Rich!

May 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #409 of 471
Thanks iFi! That was fun!

May 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #410 of 471
  Today, we are pleased to announce winner no 1:

iSolution/iSOLATION - imlacker page11 / #156

Again, both of these have the potential to be standalone accessories as well as a feature.

Plus, on first blush, they pretty much informs the customer what they are about.

imlacker, please drop us a PM and we'll arrange an iCAN for you!

You have won the micro iCAN which is the costlier, desktop-based version.

A few final notes:

1. When we discussed these names amongst all our staff, there split between 3rd and 1st was not all that huge - we are gonna carry on kicking these names and your ideas around a few more but what ALL your suggestions have done is to shed more light into how and what you think so that in itself is brilliant.

2. We really enjoyed this. Yes some of the entries were made in jest and we also appreciated that as developing new products is stressful and sometimes it is nice to have customers make wise cracks.

3. Also, we liked running the competition as you guys get the chance to win something and we get to give something away. We'll put on thinking caps on as we may well run another competition. So watch this space.

IMHO "ISolution" will implicate that you create a defective product and now you have to create a new product that will be the "solution" for your defective product, that's why I didn't send names like iSolution, iFix, etc...  Anyway congratulation to the winner!

May 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #411 of 471

I NEVER win ANYTHING in a raffle. I'm so chuffed. PM send.

Didn't think my suggestions were that good. Thank you all at iFi, you are truly "Beyond Awesome".

A double cheers from Rich!

Congratulations Rich. I know you were considering the Nano for portable use, and I bet you will really like it. Let us all know what you think of the iCAN's baby brother.

May 13, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #412 of 471
  IMHO "ISolution" will implicate that you create a defective product and now you have to create a new product that will be the "solution" for your defective product, that's why I didn't send names like iSolution, iFix, etc...  Anyway congratulation to the winner!

Good points! Perfect Match or IEMatch are more positive sounding.

May 13, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #413 of 471
  Latest Update: 11th May

Well, thanks guys and gals.

You guys really tickled us with your entries and engaged us with your thoughts.

Your comments as well as name suggestions varied from funny to odd to good. It turned out better and more fun that we could have hoped.

In reverse order, winner no 3 is:

XSilence - ModMax #169

This is similar to the XBass wihch we have on the iCAN so there is a bit of a theme to existing iFi naming (though this was not a prerequisite).

PM us and claim your prize of the nano iCAN!

Winner no. 2 tomorrow!

Just informed that my nano iCan is on its way!  I can't wait to see how it pairs with my HE-400s.  I'll be sure to share my thoughts on this pairing.  I have a feeling this will be a constant travel buddy from now on.  

Many thanks again to iFi for holding the contest, generous prize selections, and the quick turnaround in getting the prizes out to the winners!

Also, thanks to my Head-Fi brothers and sisters for the congrats!

May 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #417 of 471
+1 for IEMatch

And congrats to all winners!

This competition was fun
smily_headphones1.gif
Hope there will be more like this.

Okay okay. Another for iEMatch. All the arguments presented do make sense.

Great feedback from you all.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #418 of 471
+1 for IEMatch as well! (Although I enjoy XSilence if only for the pun)

BTW, congrats to all the winners- I hope you will soon be enjoying your amps! And for another, kudos to iFi for hosting this competition, even if I didn't win. I think it's important to note the efforts of the iFi team to answer our questions directly and even hold this competition, when many companies do not. I'll be waiting for the next giveaway or event! (hopefully an amp or DAC, 
biggrin.gif
)
Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

~Garraty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back