iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Jun 19, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #3,993 of 9,047
Why not? In some terms the Hugo wins, in some terms the iDSD wins. Like the raw output power - easy win for the iDSD. But for best price/perfomance ratio the iDSD will always win in this case imho.

Jun 20, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #3,995 of 9,047
Did you also compare the REGEN with the stock iFi power adapter? Where would that fit in the comparaison, below the regular REGEN SMPS or between it and the iPower?

Alas Nope, didn't do that comparison.
If time allows before my demo period is over I will try this.... no promises however.

Jun 20, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #3,996 of 9,047
Did someone tested the idsd with optical fiber toslink cable? Suposly it has lower data loss then other cables(usb, rca etc.) I wonder how it performs. Anyway i m interested in the regen too.

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #3,997 of 9,047
I use it direct from the tv via toslink and it's really very good. One advantage is that in the UK, digital radio can be picked up via tv and our classical station, Radio 3 sounds excellent for some reason via the Ifi. Better than my radio. Better definition and just sounds less grainy.

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #3,998 of 9,047
Can somebody explain me for what are the other usb streaming options are for? relaxed has more quality then save or extra safe. But browser gets a bit slower indeed. I mean if not used, they seem redundant. 

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #4,002 of 9,047
is it possible to charge it and use it with an ordinary AC/DC wall power ?

Yes if they a 5V 2.1A usb plug integrated.

Doesn't need to be 2.1A, just 5V (I'd say with a min of 500mA, which is pretty much every USB charger) through a USB A cable. Any old (or new) mobile phone USB wall wart will work.
You can charge it this way, but can't use it at the same time unless you use a split cable/adapter.

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #4,004 of 9,047
Doesn't need to be 2.1A, just 5V (I'd say with a min of 500mA, which is pretty much every USB charger) through a USB A cable. Any old (or new) mobile phone USB wall wart will work.
You can charge it this way, but can't use it at the same time unless you use a split cable/adapter.

and if i use coaxial or spdif at the same time i charge the idsd i hope it will works 

Jun 21, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #4,005 of 9,047

Correct, but he refered AC adapter, they have more power output. Thech suport informed me to not use more then
2.4 A, because it would be to much.
But in reality, blue cable is enough, when always conected, it barely discherges. Eco, normal mode. Turbo not much too. So usb port 3.0, is very good already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back