iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Dec 24, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #8,236 of 9,047
Hey ifi, please do us a favor and make a dap with the sound quality close to the black label, under 1k$. Even if it's almost the size of the micro, I would still be interested! So, if you could get on that, that'd be greaaaaat.

Who knows, maybe one day...

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 24, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #8,237 of 9,047
Dec 25, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #8,238 of 9,047
Hey ifi, please do us a favor and make a dap with the sound quality close to the black label, under 1k$. Even if it's almost the size of the micro, I would still be interested! So, if you could get on that, that'd be greaaaaat.
I'm in! (1k$ is a bit steep for my budget, but it wouldn't have to be much less - and micro size would def. be tolerable)

Dec 26, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #8,240 of 9,047
Or maybe, just maybe, a poly-like addon for the iDSD that would match up perfectly and offered wireless control?

Dec 26, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #8,241 of 9,047
The iTube strengthens the iCan SE, I would almost say that the IDSD is good enough to spend iCan. The soundstage is denser and better mastered in high frequencies with the iTube. I have long compared the IDSD vs IDSD + iCan, then the IDSD vs iTube + iCan. I think this puts performance at the highest level. But I could content myself with the IDSD only, it is only because I have found very affordable opportunity that I bought the iCan + iTube. The iRack being almost essential once left my madness for this set iFi-Audio ...

Hi I am interested in the triple stack combo to. But i need portability. Can you run the itubes and ican se from the micro idsd without pluging it to the wall power? I heard the the current could pass threw the rca conections and it got powered from the micro that way. I really like the triple stack but need portability if not other ways probably just better get the ican pro?

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #8,242 of 9,047
Hi I am interested in the triple stack combo to. But i need portability. Can you run the itubes and ican se from the micro idsd without pluging it to the wall power?
No.

I heard the current could pass threw the rca conections and it got powered from the micro that way.
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry here.

Dec 26, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #8,243 of 9,047
Hi I am interested in the triple stack combo to. But i need portability. Can you run the itubes and ican se from the micro idsd without pluging it to the wall power? I heard the the current could pass threw the rca conections and it got powered from the micro that way. I really like the triple stack but need portability if not other ways probably just better get the ican pro?
This really isn't how any of this stuff works.

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #8,244 of 9,047
No.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry here.

Ok lol :) I guess I was dreaming very hard :wink:
So if we talk portability so only micro idsd bl or the nano idsd bl?
In that case how do they both compare to each other? In sq and power to run hd800s?

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #8,246 of 9,047
I recently ordered an ican SE but I've just decided to order an idsd BL Micro. The issue is that having the idsd I don't know what exactly contributes the ican. Should I return it since it's still in the 14 days return period?

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #8,247 of 9,047
I recently ordered an ican SE but I've just decided to order an idsd BL Micro. The issue is that having the idsd I don't know what exactly contributes the ican. Should I return it since it's still in the 14 days return period?
It has been mentioned either here or the other idsd BL thread by Ifi audio that the ican se, though having the same 4watt output, is a better sounding amp. How much better would be up to your ears.

Dec 31, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #8,248 of 9,047

You can also add another itubes 2 in between the idsd black and ican se. Witch I heard even better tuby sound :) for an ultimate triple stack

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #8,249 of 9,047
What's the first thing you do after your iDSD BL come back from servicing? You install the new, sexy potentiometer!
20171231_131000_HDR.jpg

Dec 31, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #8,250 of 9,047
It has been mentioned either here or the other idsd BL thread by Ifi audio that the ican se, though having the same 4watt output, is a better sounding amp. How much better would be up to your ears.

Sorry, I should have searched those threads before which I did after posting my comment. I think I have to test both gears together when the BL arrives.

You can also add another itubes 2 in between the idsd black and ican se. Witch I heard even better tuby sound :) for an ultimate triple stack

I'm afraid I can't afford it right now but the original ITube is 50% off on the store where I've ordered the ICan and IDSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back