iFi audio's SilentPower Collection: GND Defender, DC Blocker, Nova, and SupaNova!
Dec 4, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #182 of 190
I installed the GND after getting rare periodic hum in my setup. I have not experienced any hum after the install.
I did the same with my tube amp and it greatly reduced the background hum so a very good product.

Dec 4, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #184 of 190
@stuck limo @TheAbyss2022 I would like to see measurements that the hum has decreased.
It's periodic HUUUMMMMM. I don't need to take measurements to show that the rare HUUUMMMMM flooding my headphones isn't there or was replaced by " " (silence).

This is that weird thing that the other site does that demands all reporting and listening be done in a laboratory, real world listening and conditions be damned.

If the loud and obnoxious HUUUMMMMM comes back I'll let you and everyone else know.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #185 of 190
A question regarding power setup.

Currently running my gear from the wall with rather cheap shielded copper cables (around 100 eu per cable) and decided to upgrade to match Envy with May.
The idea is to get 3 supanova cables and ifi powerstation, which will result roughly in a 1.5-1.7k purchase. Which is a lot. To those who are more versed in the ways of power lol - are there any better solutions?

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #186 of 190
A question regarding power setup.

Currently running my gear from the wall with rather cheap shielded copper cables (around 100 eu per cable) and decided to upgrade to match Envy with May.
The idea is to get 3 supanova cables and ifi powerstation, which will result roughly in a 1.5-1.7k purchase. Which is a lot. To those who are more versed in the ways of power lol - are there any better solutions?
The puritan 156 power conditioner lists for 1.8k and can probably be had for 1.5-1.7 if one asks for a deal.
It's supposedly way better than the iFi solution, even with your current cables.

I say supposedly since I haven't tried either.

I got my PS Audio stellar p3 Power plant used for 1.8k and I assume It's also superior to the iFi solution, however you'd have to go used

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #187 of 190
The puritan 156 power conditioner lists for 1.8k and can probably be had for 1.5-1.7 if one asks for a deal.
It's supposedly way better than the iFi solution, even with your current cables.

I say supposedly since I haven't tried either.

I got my PS Audio stellar p3 Power plant used for 1.8k and I assume It's also superior to the iFi solution, however you'd have to go used
Niagara 1200 is another variant. I am just not sure if its worth the money, maybe should try the amazon stuff and return if there is zero difference, hm.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #188 of 190
Niagara 1200 is another variant. I am just not sure if its worth the money, maybe should try the amazon stuff and return if there is zero difference, hm.
From what I read the Puritan is way better than the lower Niagara stuff

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #189 of 190
Will check, thx! What change did you experience with your Envy back in the day?

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #190 of 190
Will check, thx! What change did you experience with your Envy back in the day?
Way blacker background, seemingly better subbass extension, more clarity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back