iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
May 3, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #4,096 of 5,816
Thnx my dear,

I have rolled back to intial firm, after resestting ... didn't work ... I also tried the gents' proposal without luck ...

I think I 'll get the unit back to our local IFI rep , in an effort that he 'll repla

My dear, you have a router problem, not a Streamer problem. Fix your network by getting a proper, modern router. My unit runs for months on end without any issues at all.

May 3, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #4,098 of 5,816
Hey bros,

Thnx for all your kind help ... I bought the streamer in December and until 15 days ago everything was ok.... I did not change anything in my network [ router / switches, whatever].

One day the IFI just disconnected and after that cannot connect back ... How come that I need a new router, since same was fine until recently ?

Anyway, thnx for all your good will to help.

May 3, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #4,099 of 5,816
Hey bros,

Thnx for all your kind help ... I bought the streamer in December and until 15 days ago everything was ok.... I did not change anything in my network [ router / switches, whatever].

One day the IFI just disconnected and after that cannot connect back ... How come that I need a new router, since same was fine until recently ?

Anyway, thnx for all your good will to help.
Try the connection by placing the ifi stream next to the router. If it does not connect and you have the possibility, try the connection on another router, at a family member's or friend's house. If all these test outcomes are negative, I would think your ifi stream unit is faulty.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #4,102 of 5,816
As you guys now know, our ZEN Stream is officially Roon Ready!

iFi has teamed up with our partner, Roon Labs, to offer 2,000 lucky applicants a free 60-day trial of their service which delivers hi-res, bit-perfect audio streaming. This is open to all ZEN Stream users. All you need is your serial number.

Fill in the form below to receive your unique registration code and details of how to use it.

https://ifi-audio.com/roon-get-a-free-60-day-trial/

I did apply with 3 units at least 2 times and no email..... Can you check what is going on?

May 4, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #4,106 of 5,816
Curious if anyone has tried a 15V Sbooster with the Stream? I’ve seen reports on the 12V but not the 15.
I bought the iPower X 15v adapter but wasn’t expecting much from it—the internal power supply on the ZS has voltage regulators that automatically adjust for the wall voltage supplied. There’s no amp in this unit, it’s just a transport—so what endpoint are you expecting from using the SBooster?

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #4,107 of 5,816
Thnx my dear,

I 'll try that tonight and update.
Have you tried using manual DNS settings on the ZS network GUI (such as cloudflare or google)? If you’re still having problems feel free to PM me—I have a troubleshooting algorithm for connecting the ZS that hasn’t failed me yet.

May 4, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #4,108 of 5,816
May 5, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #4,109 of 5,816
We'll ask about that feature internally, thanks for flagging!

...and here is something useful by none other than @Mr BubbaHyde :

I bought my first ZenStream about a month after it’s introduction. Subsequently purchased a 2nd. I’ve always successfully run Roon on both units with no problems. Now that units are officially ROON READY, is there any benefit to reconfigure using the above software update/ YouTube video? Or if it ain’t broke don’t fix it?

May 5, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #4,110 of 5,816
I bought my first ZenStream about a month after it’s introduction. Subsequently purchased a 2nd. I’ve always successfully run Roon on both units with no problems. Now that units are officially ROON READY, is there any benefit to reconfigure using the above software update/ YouTube video? Or if it ain’t broke don’t fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back