iFi audio ZEN One Signature - be at One with your sound!
Jan 16, 2022 at 3:59 AM Post #16 of 183
In our devices, keep in mind when MQA is off, it is off. MQA is not involved in the process at all when it is not being used, for peace of mind.

We like giving our users the choice of what to use their product with wherever we can.
I under stand but I also know that by purchasing an MQA licensed product I am indirectly paying that idiot liar Bob Stuart. No freakin' way am I EVER going to support that canard spewing dolt. I demoed MQA at an audio show a few years ago and I was in control of the playback and had no idea what version was playing and could NOT discern a difference. It is a farce.

frAudiophiles wax rhapsodic when ever they see the KMART blue light go on indicating that the magical mystery muck of MQA is unfolderzing the packet of poop. They then start speaking in hushed, reverent, dulcet tones about the "pace", "rhythm", "musicality", et al. but only when the blue light is on because that is their indicator to suck up to Stuart's creation. Other wise, they don't know what they are "hearing". Ridiculous beings, these frAudiophile creatures.

Your product looks to be a quality one but again, I refuse to pay Sir Bob of Stuart and that is exactly what I would be doing even if I never "listened" (what a joke) to any MQA crappola. Buying a product featuring The FARCE puts money in the pocket of that idiot Stuart. To Hell with that, sir! :beerchug: MQA...The FARCE be with you...:L3000:

Jan 16, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #20 of 183
I would love to see an analysis of how this differs compared to the Zen Signature V2 which I just bought.
Initial take is that the pre amp part is out so that partially explains hwo they could add the additional inputs and increase the price by just 50 EUR. Looking closer they have also removed the ipurifier from the USB input - for the rest components seem to be identical.

I was debating if to return the V2 and take this one as I do need COAX input, but the USB clean up is an element I could miss in the new DAC. I also don't like the addition of Bluetooth, but I guess I am not the majority of users.......

Jan 16, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #21 of 183
Looking closer they have also removed the ipurifier from the USB input - for the rest components seem to be identical.

If this is true, and not just an oversight / mistake in the documentation, it's probably a non-starter for me. I just can't consider it an "upgrade" if they've removed features that help clean the signal.

Jan 16, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #22 of 183
Nice one iFi - see what I did there.

I love my Zen DAC V2, this is a much better solution than the Signature DAC that is available because of it's flexibility. Also, I have to laugh at all those people who dismiss a product because it supports MQA. You do realise that it works without it too, right? Anyway, their loss is our gain!

Jan 16, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #23 of 183
Nice one iFi - see what I did there.

I love my Zen DAC V2, this is a much better solution than the Signature DAC that is available because of it's flexibility. Also, I have to laugh at all those people who dismiss a product because it supports MQA. You do realise that it works without it too, right? Anyway, their loss is our gain!

Mqa came out years to late. On top of that it's just a scam. Plus there are the license fees that everyone pays for even if you don't use Mqa.

Mqa would have been alright as MP3 replacement if they didn't claim to be superior to everything else.

Not to mention that it just causes software and hardware issues in some setups.

Smsl did the right move with the Su-9n and Su9.
If you want it, pay for it.

I just wish it would go away.

Jan 16, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #25 of 183
I just wish cancel culture shitposting would go away.
From the looks of it, you must be an MQA apologist? Hmmmmm...I never said you nor any one else could not buy that crap. I never threatened your job or your home or any thing else the CC crowd does. Buy it. Now. Do so. No...Really. Buy it and sing it's praises. Me? I am NOT falling for the audio version of the Emperor's New Clothes.:L3000:

The truth is never crap. MQA is The FARCE. But again, sir. Buy it and bask in the KMART glow of MQA. You pay for it. I refuse to do so. Perhaps you missed the truth of if I buy an MQA product I am putting money in that idiot Stuart's pocket? You do it. And if manufacturers really want to know what people want they also want to know what we do NOT want. Many of us that THINK rather than feeeeeeeeeeeeel do NOT want MQA.

I will buy from Schiit and any one else such as S.M.S.L. that offers a FARCE FREE version of a product that fits my wants, needs a budget.:ksc75smile: "Cancel Culture"?! Not from this Conservative Toad, LOL! Buy it now! Go ahead! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back