iFi audio ZEN Blue - The Official Thread
Jan 14, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #391 of 493
Hi!
Has anyone been able to connect to Blue from a non-HWA smartphone? Using the HWA protocol.
It says here that the Fiio Music software player supports HWA transfer, even if the smartphone does not carry it.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...hd-ldac-hwa-lhdc.886101/page-90#post-14988191
I installed this Fiio Music player and enabled HWA mode in it. But it didn't work.
I have galaxy Note 10+ and it supports ldac + blue. It's good.
But I would like to use HWA as well. Is it possible?
How to properly use HWA mode in Blue?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #392 of 493
I would say if HWA audio doesn't show up, in your smartphones developer options. It probably isn't possible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210306-093827.png
    Screenshot_20210306-093827.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 0
Mar 6, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #393 of 493
Hi!
Has anyone been able to connect to Blue from a non-HWA smartphone? Using the HWA protocol.
It says here that the Fiio Music software player supports HWA transfer, even if the smartphone does not carry it.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...hd-ldac-hwa-lhdc.886101/page-90#post-14988191
I installed this Fiio Music player and enabled HWA mode in it. But it didn't work.
I have galaxy Note 10+ and it supports ldac + blue. It's good.
But I would like to use HWA as well. Is it possible?
How to properly use HWA mode in Blue?

Will put this on my list of things to check in with our team when they get back on Monday morning!

Mar 29, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #395 of 493
Hi. What would you choose between T and zen blue. I'm only interested in sound quality through bluetooth, I don't care about mobility. I will use it to stream tv to some active speakers.

The Zen Blue is what you are looking for!

Apr 30, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #396 of 493
Is anyone running two Zen Blues in their home? I'm thinking of getting a second one for my bedroom HiFi system but I already have on in another room for a vinyl system. Will there be a conflict with two Zen Blues running at the same time?

Apr 30, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #398 of 493
Is anyone running two Zen Blues in their home? I'm thinking of getting a second one for my bedroom HiFi system but I already have on in another room for a vinyl system. Will there be a conflict with two Zen Blues running at the same time?

There shouldn't be an issue. They each have their own unique identification!

I recommend renaming the devices for wherever they are once they are connected in your house so you don't forget which is which, lol!

May 1, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #400 of 493
I recommend renaming the devices for wherever they are once they are connected in your house so you don't forget which is which, lol!
I've connected to my Zen Blue using my iPhone. It shows as 'iFi Hi-Res Audio' in my phone's Bluetooth settings. The audio is great, even with just an AAC Bluetooth connection. I'm using Neutron Music Player as the music player on my iPhone - I highly recommend this player for iOS devices if you want to play your own library of songs and don't want to use iTunes / Apple Music.

I couldn't work out how to rename the Bluetooth device on my iPhone so had to research that. For anyone wishing to do this on their iPhone, here are some instructions with screenshots.

1. Go into Settings --> Bluetooth and make sure that your iFi Zen Blue is connected. Then click the i symbol next to iFi Hi-Res Audio.
7CiivkG.jpg

2. Click the iFi Hi-Res Audio in the name field.
G2HRlTR.jpg

3. Finally, tap in the name field and the on-screen keyboard will pop. Adjust the name of the iFi Zen Blue as necessary and make sure to click 'Done' to save the changes.
FQNDJGt.jpg

May 3, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #401 of 493
I've connected to my Zen Blue using my iPhone. It shows as 'iFi Hi-Res Audio' in my phone's Bluetooth settings. The audio is great, even with just an AAC Bluetooth connection. I'm using Neutron Music Player as the music player on my iPhone - I highly recommend this player for iOS devices if you want to play your own library of songs and don't want to use iTunes / Apple Music.

I couldn't work out how to rename the Bluetooth device on my iPhone so had to research that. For anyone wishing to do this on their iPhone, here are some instructions with screenshots.

1. Go into Settings --> Bluetooth and make sure that your iFi Zen Blue is connected. Then click the i symbol next to iFi Hi-Res Audio.
7CiivkG.jpg

2. Click the iFi Hi-Res Audio in the name field.
G2HRlTR.jpg

3. Finally, tap in the name field and the on-screen keyboard will pop. Adjust the name of the iFi Zen Blue as necessary and make sure to click 'Done' to save the changes.
FQNDJGt.jpg

Thanks for posting this! It will help folks out in the future.

May 12, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #403 of 493
How do you factory reset an iFi Zen Blue? I'm about to buy yet another one, but this one will be pre-owned.

Let me check in on this and I'll get back to you!

May 12, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #404 of 493
How do you factory reset an iFi Zen Blue? I'm about to buy yet another one, but this one will be pre-owned.

You would need an Android phone to install the OG firmware on with the Gaia app available on our page to factory rest it!

Apologies for there not being an easier process available at this time.

May 12, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #405 of 493
You would need an Android phone to install the OG firmware on with the Gaia app available on our page to factory rest it!

Apologies for there not being an easier process available at this time.
Okay, thanks. I might just leave it. It'll be an ex-demo shop unit so it's just the Bluetooth pairings for the shop demos that I would need to delete. Is there a way to clear all Bluetooth pairings from the Zen Blue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back