iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread
Apr 9, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #2,311 of 2,505
Hold the pairing button for 10-20s when in Bluetooth mode. This will forcibly forget the currently paired devices.

Let me know if this works!

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #2,312 of 2,505
Hold the pairing button for 10-20s when in Bluetooth mode. This will forcibly forget the currently paired devices.

Let me know if this works!

Nice! I'll update as the day rolls on and I swap from wired to wireless a few times.

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #2,314 of 2,505
@iFi audio @Sebastien Chiu

Hey guys, can you help me out with what the difference is exactly between IEMatch+ and Ear Buddy?

While the hiss on my xDSD x Campfire Dorado 2020 (10ohm 94db) is quite minimal, I still would like to silence it completely. I've had the IEMatch+, and it did it's job at minimum setting, but it was quite a hassle on the go due to the heavy casing and it -seemed- like it narrowed the soundstage a bit (could this be possible or was it just my imagination?).

I see now the Ear Buddy is much lighter and made of rubberized plastic - this could very well solve the issue I had with IEMatch+ casing - but I'm wondering whether it works the same way, and how much it attenuates? Because on the IEMatch, the "high" setting (which is the lower setting) was just enough, any more attenuation than that would mean cranking up the xDSD too much (shortened battery life) - so my questions about the Ear Buddy are:

a) is it basically the same product as the IEMatch+, sans the balanced option and the attentuator switch?
b) how much -exactly- does it attenuate, compared to the "high sensitivity" (not ultra) setting on the IEMatch+?

I also read in an review that both product are recommended for IEMs 12.5 ohms sensitivity and above - is that true? Because that would mean my 10ohm IEMs would not be good for this.

thanks!

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #2,315 of 2,505
@iFi audio @Sebastien Chiu

Hey guys, can you help me out with what the difference is exactly between IEMatch+ and Ear Buddy?

While the hiss on my xDSD x Campfire Dorado 2020 (10ohm 94db) is quite minimal, I still would like to silence it completely. I've had the IEMatch+, and it did it's job at minimum setting, but it was quite a hassle on the go due to the heavy casing and it -seemed- like it narrowed the soundstage a bit (could this be possible or was it just my imagination?).

I see now the Ear Buddy is much lighter and made of rubberized plastic - this could very well solve the issue I had with IEMatch+ casing - but I'm wondering whether it works the same way, and how much it attenuates? Because on the IEMatch, the "high" setting (which is the lower setting) was just enough, any more attenuation than that would mean cranking up the xDSD too much (shortened battery life) - so my questions about the Ear Buddy are:

a) is it basically the same product as the IEMatch+, sans the balanced option and the attentuator switch?
b) how much -exactly- does it attenuate, compared to the "high sensitivity" (not ultra) setting on the IEMatch+?

I also read in an review that both product are recommended for IEMs 12.5 ohms sensitivity and above - is that true? Because that would mean my 10ohm IEMs would not be good for this.

thanks!

Hi @BenKatz!

1) Yes, the simplest way to describe it would be an IEMatch without balanced option and attenuator switch.
2) I believe it's somewhere in the middle between both settings, but I will double-check with our tech team on this.

That is incorrect and first time I've heard of that - You can use both Earbuddy and IEMatch with any IEM no matter the OHMs.

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #2,316 of 2,505
Hi @BenKatz!

1) Yes, the simplest way to describe it would be an IEMatch without balanced option and attenuator switch.
2) I believe it's somewhere in the middle between both settings, but I will double-check with our tech team on this.

That is incorrect and first time I've heard of that - You can use both Earbuddy and IEMatch with any IEM no matter the OHMs.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, it was on a review, and I never found mention of this on the iFi website, so I doubt it myself.

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #2,317 of 2,505
Hi @BenKatz!

I was wondering something - as I've read, the nano idsd black series had IEMatch incorporated, right? Why didn't you do the same with the xDSD?

Ive also read the xdsd texh note about how the "Cyberdrive" should automatically adjust for, in my case, high sensitivity IEMs for no hiss. Seeing as I still have hiss, I'm wondering - would it be possible to adjust this cyberdrive through a personalized firmware to make it offer less power or attenuate more, so that iems like the dorado 2020 will have no hiss?

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #2,318 of 2,505
I was wondering something - as I've read, the nano idsd black series had IEMatch incorporated, right? Why didn't you do the same with the xDSD?

Ive also read the xdsd texh note about how the "Cyberdrive" should automatically adjust for, in my case, high sensitivity IEMs for no hiss. Seeing as I still have hiss, I'm wondering - would it be possible to adjust this cyberdrive through a personalized firmware to make it offer less power or attenuate more, so that iems like the dorado 2020 will have no hiss?

Great question. Let me check in with our team on this one for you.

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #2,319 of 2,505

Thanks!

I know this is a long shot and you have no obligation to even consider such a firmware.

But since I (and possibly many other people with similar IEMs) have this issue, it's worth a shot asking you since a slight internal attenuation would mean a LOT.

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #2,321 of 2,505
Thanks!

I know this is a long shot and you have no obligation to even consider such a firmware.

But since I (and possibly many other people with similar IEMs) have this issue, it's worth a shot asking you since a slight internal attenuation would mean a LOT.

We'll consider it always, especially if enough people ask for it!

I wonder how the new Diablo compares to my xDSD?

Night and day difference if you're talking about sound in book :) they are different devices at heart.

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #2,322 of 2,505
We'll consider it always, especially if enough people ask for it!

Night and day difference if you're talking about sound in book :) they are different devices at heart.

Well if there is a way to change...whatever needs to be changed in the cyberdrive through software so that the xdsd can be used "correctly" with sensitive IEMs like Campfire Audio (which are quite popular) so that they don't hiss, that would be a Godsend for many of us xDSD (and maybe even other devices, I had hiss on fhe ifi hip-dac as well) proud owners 😉

Apr 20, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #2,323 of 2,505

Hey Sebastien! Any news on this? Would such a firmware for sensitive IEMs even be possible?

thanks!

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #2,324 of 2,505
Hey Sebastien! Any news on this? Would such a firmware for sensitive IEMs even be possible?

thanks!

At this time, no - largely because it hasn't been requested enough. Nothing says it won't be possible in the future, however!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back