iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread
Oct 23, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #991 of 2,505
Nothing will get damaged, but the benefit (if any at all) would be slight and questionable.

Ok cool. Just wanted to know before my xDSD arrives (hopefully soon, it's been 3 weeks and the wait is killing me). I wasn't getting any crazy ideas or anything, rather me being lazy and not wanting to solder on a new plug to the cable I made as the 8-braid I did is perfect and I fear I might not get the new one as nice looking. First World problems... :laughing:

Oct 24, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #992 of 2,505
@iFi audio when will the Mac installer for the latest xDSD firmware be available? Thanks.

Oct 24, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #994 of 2,505
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ifi-audio-xdsd-the-official-thread.873787/page-66#post-14553613

Desktop mode should activate itself.

You may want to try to completely disconnect the xDSD and turn it on and then off and make the power connection when turned off.

When turned off, the unit does remain powered and may have a small amount of temperature rise, as the MCU and battery management are still operating. Desktop mode simply adjusts the target voltage and charge current for "equal to storage life" battery conditions.

Thank you for the answer @iFi audio , I tried but it still seems to be to be constantly charging and reaching 100%. Even when turned off it is pretty warm most of the time, but not always, no idea why. When in desktop mode, the light near the micro USB should be green?

One last thing: when attached to the power supply and turned off the frontal wheel turns reddish, is it normal? What is the meaning of that?

Thank you again!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #995 of 2,505
upload_2018-10-25_15-2-25.png

Oct 25, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #996 of 2,505
We're working on it and don't have specific date yet.

Thanks, your website says October 2018 so that's why I was asking. Hope it will not be too much waiting, the Windows version has been around for a while already.

Oct 26, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #1,000 of 2,505
I found a 3.5mm balanced male, pentaconn 3.5mm. around US60. but need to seek for help to rewire

The adapter is the easiest way to use a 2.5mm balanced plug. If you want to change to a 3.5mm TRRS plug, the 2.5mm is wired:

Tip Right-
Ring Right+
Ring Left+
Sleeve Left-

and the 3.5mm TRRS plug needs to be wired:

Tip Left+
Ring Right+
Ring Left-
Sleeve Right-

Good luck.

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #1,001 of 2,505
We're working on it and don't have specific date yet.

Hi iFi and all,

I was just skimming this article, which I think you'll all be pleased to look at, and I have a question to ask.

It says for the xDSD: "It supports aptX on Android and AAC on iOS for the best sound quality". PLEASE tell me that if I want to, I STILL have the option to use AAC on my Android phone instead of only aptX!! I believe AAC to be the superior codec of the two, so I'm hoping this is not the case.

Thank you.

Oct 28, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #1,002 of 2,505
Hi iFi and all,

I was just skimming this article, which I think you'll all be pleased to look at, and I have a question to ask.

It says for the xDSD: "It supports aptX on Android and AAC on iOS for the best sound quality". PLEASE tell me that if I want to, I STILL have the option to use AAC on my Android phone instead of only aptX!! I believe AAC to be the superior codec of the two, so I'm hoping this is not the case.

Thank you.

It has nothing to do with the xdsd, your device sets the codec used over bluetooth, if your running android Oreo or above you can set which codec it uses from within developer mode.

7220128996300800586-account_id1.png

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #1,003 of 2,505
It has nothing to do with the xdsd, your device sets the codec used over bluetooth, if your running android Oreo or above you can set which codec it uses from within developer mode.

7220128996300800586-account_id1.png

Ok. As long as you're SURE I can use AAC on Android, it's all good! I've already read reviews that stated the xDSD sounds better with AAC than most cheaper devices do with LDAC, which is VERY impressive to know! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back