1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread

First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last
  1. Niyologist
    Should I really get this? I have the Shanling M3S and I just got the Ultrasone Signature Studio. Should I get this DAC? Will there be a serious difference?

2. Mediahound
    My review of the xDSD is now up (video):

alphanumerix1 and Fawzay like this.
  3. Dobrescu George
    I'll be looking into xDSD soon and let you know how it behaves :)

So far, it is looking promising :)

Niyologist likes this.
  4. ngoshawk
    The Shanling M3s does very well on its own. It also seemlessly hooks to the xDSD via either BT or the blue USB cable. Very good BT sound, and QUITE good sound out of the USB cable.

If you would like a do-all all-in-one DAC/amp, then there are worse choices than the xDSD. It performs admirably well, and has jumped to the top of my portable amps. It has more than enough power for any of my needs. His has replaced my portable amp, and I also now leave the BL at home, even though the BL has better sound overall, to me.

Review...is...close...

Niyologist likes this.
  5. jsmiller58
    So, I took the xDSD to work to share the experience with a colleague who is a burgeoning audiophile... We closed my office door and had our very own CanJam! We paired the xDSD with my LG v30 hosting the music, over USB, playing Tidal through USB Audio Pro and wired to the individual cans all SE. Cans demoed included E-mu Teak, th-x00 Ebony, DT 1990 Pro, AKG 7XX, highly modded M1060, AudioQuest Nightowl, and a couple of cans he brought. The xDSD did not even blink, and the sound was GLORIOUS. I will have to post detailed impressions with these and some of my other cans I did not yet take for him to sample (HifiMan Sundara, Aeon Flow Closed, Focal Elex - all of which sound equally GLORIOUS).

My friend’s reaction. I have to get a DAC/Amp...! He couldn’t believe he had been listening out of a computer headphone jack for so long...

And for now, I am at 30,000 feet listening to LG v30 paired wirelessly to the xDSD and playing on my SE846 IEMs... discovering the album Singularity... Music is such a journey and it is that much more enjoyable with the right gear! Thank you iFi - my first product by you but I can’t imagine it will be my last!

6. Niyologist
    All of these inputs are quite valuable in making my decision. So I'll go for it. I'll buy it in person. At Audio46.

Giraku likes this.
  7. zeta555
    IMG_20180512_153824-01.jpeg
    my "portable" setup.
    ak70mk2+xdsd+cascade.

xdsd work flawlessly with the ak, either from the bluetooth or the usb out with a $1 usb otg cable

Currawong, howdy, superuser1 and 2 others like this.
  8. ExpatinJapan
    cardeli22 and Niyologist like this.
  9. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    20180514_224611.jpg 20180514_224449.jpg

Absolute awesomeness.
    First amp/dac i have ever used that does not drain from droid regardless of what order they are started. Played an entire DSD album and phone dropped 2%. Negotiating the possibility of drain is totally gone.

Nice kind of freedom that is rare for us droid users.
    Good times

howdy, Colors, emeline and 2 others like this.
  10. Devodonaldson
    Hoping I could get some helpful info. In my manual it says the xDSD while charging blinks green up to 75% and blinks white after that intil fully charged. Problem is mine only blinks up to green. It will blink green for awhile and then the led goes out. I never see it blinking white, so I'm wondering if mine never reached a full charge. Does yours blink white for awhile before turning off?

11. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    Yes it does blink white a few times before turning off

12. Devodonaldson
    Hmm, ok. Yeah, I left it on the charger, light went out left it on. Came back later turned on played music, and it went from white to green in less than 3 minutes, so that's telling me that the battery isnti getting charged much if at all passed 75%

13. Matez
    It probably has to do something with their smart battery charge.

14. Devodonaldson
    I wish I knew for sure. Love this device, but if I have a faulty battery, I want to return it before the 30 day return window closes. To possibly help I let it play last night til it turned off. Now it's charging. Been on the charger for 2hrs, and still going, so illI see what happens

15. Giraku
    It may be in the desktop mode.

First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last