1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread

First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last
  1. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    20180511_142930.jpg

Wow

Totally blown away by this thing.
    Was not expecting this.

howdy and cardeli22 like this.
  2. Mimouille
  3. seanwee
    What iems are those?

4. Zachik
    How does it compare to FiiO Q5 ?

5. Devodonaldson
    That's good to hear. Looking to get mine in the next 12hrs

6. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    20180511_213228.jpg

Sony EX1000 terminated mini-xlr to go any config on the market.

Have not been as impressed by a new item as much since the mojo which is like 2 years ago. Ifi did a real good job. Totally love the thing.

7. Devodonaldson
    Which sound do you prefer, xDSD or the mojo, and why?

8. ngoshawk
    Personally I like the xDSD more. The ease of hooking up to different sources is better on the xDSD, but it is newer, too. BT is painless to hook up, as are the Coax and usb. Just straightforward, without the delay or to me the pain I had with the mojo.

I like the sound a bit more too, because to me the bass (even the XBass+ added) is a bit better controlled. Plus the xDSD is more portable. Add in that the xDSD is $200ish cheaper, and it is a win-win to me.

The mojo is good, but since I have the BL already and do enjoy it, the mojonis not $200ish better for me.

arborglen1965 likes this.
  9. Zachik
    How about xDSD vs. FiiO Q5 ?
    These 2 are VERY close in features and intended usage...

10. Devodonaldson
    Appreciate the explanation. I'm a person who has not been a fan of listening via Bluetooth, as I've always noticed what I lose enough to warrant wired under all circumstances. What are your thoughts on xDSD Bluetooth listening in comparison?

11. ngoshawk
    Can't help you there. I have not heard the Q5. It does get good reviews, and has piqued my interest as well.

The BT on the xDSD is done very well. There is of course a sound quality drop, but it is not that much and certainly less than other so equipped devices I have heard in the past. For a portable aspect and wireless no less; it is quite good. Plus the set up between devices is as good as I have experienced. Simple, easy to do and quick. I do prefer the blue USB hook-up, though. Even with my M3S. This is now my go to portable DAC/amp...not even close. That said, my BL is still my go to for home "portable" use.

12. zeta555
    just got the xdsd. but i'm a bit confused on the charging, how do you know that the battery is full? i checked when i plug it to the charger, the LED under the microusb port is green.
    now i checked it's off. but when i unplugged the charger the LED is white. when i plug the charger again the LED turn off again.

is it full if it's off?

13. Devodonaldson
    Green means charging and between 26 and 75 percent. If it's white it's between 75 percent and full. If the light goes off it's full. If it's red, it's under 25 percent. The light blinks while charging. If not plugged in colors are as follows. White 75 or greater, green 26-75, red 10-25, flashing red less than 10

14. zeta555
    ah, thank you! a lot of things to learn on this new toy

15. Devodonaldson
    Just got mine early this evening but I've been thoroughly enjoying it. Loving the Burr Brown DAC sound. Transparent, detailed, but smooth. Hita nice hifhs, but without the upper register glare from a Dragonfly red or Sabre 9018Q2C, my 2 previous portable DACs. I plan to nearly never use Bluetooth on this thing, as itsi mounted to a bitperfect transport running Android, so I'm getting the best portable sound possible out of it. Definitely worth the price. Can be used while charging, just dontd rexommrec leaving on the charger for long periods of time once battery is full

First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last