1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. technobear
    Hint: 200 hours

How many more times do we have to repeat this?

2. Rustodian
    Is the xDSD available in the UK yet? If so, please can someone direct me to where? Thanks!

3. SteveOliver
    FutureShop, their website stock levels aren't always accurate though.

4. Currawong Contributor
    Coming.

baseonmars, cardeli22 and seanwee like this.
  5. Rustodian
    Thank you! I have bought from them before, and have my details logged... Hopefully they're in stock!

I have a Mojo and Poly, and all I wanted from them was to play my offline Tidal music, wirelessly from my android phone, for flights and commuting, and maintain the native sound quality.... Not happening, and very likely never goingnto. I resorted to an Aptx bluetooth receiver with toslink output, to connect to Mojo... The sound is okay, but I wanted AptX HD... And then came the xDSD!

seanwee and SteveOliver like this.
  6. Devodonaldson
    ThatsT hilarious.
    The xDSD is only Apt X, not HD. So, how is this any different from your other Bluetooth issue?

7. SteveOliver
    I too thought Poly was going to be a great source for Mojo, reality is a bit different though isn't it. I think I could grow to like Poly, the firmware appears to be improving but its just too expensive for me to justify.

As per the above reply from @Devodonaldson I believe the xDSD idoes not do aptx HD, its aptx, AAC and presumably SBC only.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  8. Yethal
    For the price of Poly you could have bought an Android-powered DAP and achieve just that.

cardeli22 and seanwee like this.
  9. Rustodian
    That's a shame.. There are some very misleading writeups about the xDSD that all say it's aptx HD enabled.
    If the sound is comparable to the mojo, then not having the wired BT receiver would be a plus.

10. SteveOliver
    Almost, it does seem a bit odd why people would make use of a Bluetooth connection on a portable DAC/Amp. I've seen several comments where people rate the Fiio Q5 Bluetooth connection highly as well.

I'm not even sure if the xDSD Bluetooth is input or output, I suppose a Bluetooth input makes some sense, it is then possible to use the much more powerful output of xDSD to drive headphones that perhaps some DAP's would even have problems driving.

For some people they seem to prefer it, and its their money and kit, so who are we to say. :)

seanwee likes this.
  11. Yethal
    Bluetooth input makes a lot of sense for people who use their phones as transports and don't want to sandwich a dac/amp with it.

12. Rustodian
    Poly definitely wasn't what I'd hoped for. It was very difficult to set up (android user) and when it was working, Tidal could only be played through a 3rd party app, and only via streaming. Any offline content could not be played.
    I'm crying out for aptx HD in an amp, purely for wireless commuting and hotel stays, which leaves WiFi and mobile data accessible. Bluetooth connection is so much easier than the setup process required for poly

seanwee likes this.
  13. Rustodian
    I really want to have my as my music source, otherwise it would be an option, for sure.

14. Koolpep
    Hi, xDSD User here.

I use it mostly stacked with my DAP as source via usb or from my iPhone via usb. However, when I am active, running around outside or in the office and need to move a lot, that is highly impractical.

I put in my CIEMS, run the cable down my spine on my back, put the xDSD in the back pocket - benefit, I can run around like a musician on stage and still get great music quality out of my earphones. iPhones stream in aac so it’s not bad at all. Especially in a mobile environment or outside where the difference is hardly if at all noticaeable..

Am glad the xDSD supports that and while I do have a AK XB10 with aptX HD and balanced output, I do prefer aac for the most part, though the quality is pretty similar.

Cheers.

IneffableMusic and SteveOliver like this.
  15. gatucho
    I'm sorry, but what TF...?! I just ordered this over the q5 and mojo because of this "official" post clearly stating aptX HD support.

Now it turns out that aptX HD is NOT supported?

Please ifi state clearly the level of aptX and Bluetooth version support, both here and in the official specs.

I feel a little bit cheated, I just hope that the sq is at least good enough.

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last