iFi audio xCAN - The Official Thread
Sep 3, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #406 of 757
Had hoped for some feedback on the Plenue D2/xCan combo. Never got it so I decided to do some risk taking and make an xCan purchase. Already had the D2. The xCan came today. I am listening to the D2 balanced out through the xCan with the Kanas Pro balanced IEM. My early judgement is that there is definitely an improvement over what the D2 alone offered. I have the 3D and xBass turned off. If your material has decent sub-bass you will be moved by this setup. Do I like it better than my Fiio Q5 THX/ZX300 setup. Probably not, but it isn't bad at all. Personal preference.

I do not care much for the clicking volume control. There is some hiss when no material is playing. Don't know if this is made worse by the balanced connection.

Sep 3, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #407 of 757
Had hoped for some feedback on the Plenue D2/xCan combo. Never got it so I decided to do some risk taking and make an xCan purchase. Already had the D2. The xCan came today. I am listening to the D2 balanced out through the xCan with the Kanas Pro balanced IEM. My early judgement is that there is definitely an improvement over what the D2 alone offered. I have the 3D and xBass turned off. If your material has decent sub-bass you will be moved by this setup. Do I like it better than my Fiio Q5 THX/ZX300 setup. Probably not, but it isn't bad at all. Personal preference.

I do not care much for the clicking volume control. There is some hiss when no material is playing. Don't know if this is made worse by the balanced connection.
Sorry I meant to provide some comparisons, but have hardly had any listening time over the last week, and on the go only. Glad you’re liking the combo though :) The xCAN via Bluetooth is actually surprisingly good too, and doubles as a handy Bluetooth receiver for streaming audio from a phone.

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #408 of 757
Sorry I meant to provide some comparisons, but have hardly had any listening time over the last week, and on the go only. Glad you’re liking the combo though :) The xCAN via Bluetooth is actually surprisingly good too, and doubles as a handy Bluetooth receiver for streaming audio from a phone.

That's o.k. I am used to taking these chances.

I might try the bluetooth at some point. I usually prefer wired. I have never used the bluetooth on my Fiio setup.

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #410 of 757
Thanks, we went more than one extra mile to have BT good sounding. Enjoy!
Just a heads up. The BT works great on SE but bad if you plug in into Balance. Not sure why but it kills quite amount of dynamic range.

Sep 5, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #411 of 757
the static sound is due to sensitive IEM, it's not loud enough to bother me. But if you insist on dead silent background, ifi imatch is needed. I ordered 2.5mm one for me just in case.

I adjusted the volume levels of both the iPhone/DAP and that of the xCan, until it gets to a satisfactory level to my hearing pleasure without hearing a hiss, that solved the static issue.

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #412 of 757
I adjusted the volume levels of both the iPhone/DAP and that of the xCan, until it gets to a satisfactory level to my hearing pleasure without hearing a hiss, that solved the static issue.
the SE doesnt hiss, the balance is the one that we are talking

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #414 of 757
Balanced out gives far more power, sensitive IEMs can pick up some hiss if vol is cranked up.
I can confirm that my CL2 doesnt hiss on the balance output.

Im just stating that the 3D+ and XBass are god send for my CL2. I found my iem endgame with xcan!

I currently finding a same size dap to stackup together with xcan that has balance and streaming apps. Please please please let me know!

Sep 13, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #416 of 757
Sometimes when I plug in my charging cable to the xCan, it doesn't get charged up. I have, on a few occasions, power it up and then power it down, before it got charged. Anyone with this experience?

Sep 13, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #417 of 757
Sometimes when I plug in my charging cable to the xCan, it doesn't get charged up. I have, on a few occasions, power it up and then power it down, before it got charged. Anyone with this experience?

Yep! Happens with me. It’s my only gripe with the xCan.

it also seems unable to charge off my MacBook Pro :frowning2:

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #420 of 757
Thanks! We did our homework on BT.

I notice you didn’t comment on the charging issue (which is also well documented in various reviews of the xCan)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back