1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iFi audio xCAN - The Official Thread

Tags:
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29
Next

Last
  1. dsrk
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  2. keithmarsh
    I’ve never had any issues switching! Perhaps you have a defective unit with an issue with the button/dial?

I’m sure you already know, but I case you’re not aware- you have to turn the unit off first, then hold the button down (while it turns on then switched modes).

3. iFi audio
    Thanks!

:beerchug:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  4. Dobrescu George
    I'm really happy to help!

PLS always follow my written articles for details and questions, and my videos for a bit of fun :)

5. Dobrescu George
    Oh, but I agree. I forgot entirely to complain about it, but it is a bit of a headache to switch between the BT and the Wired connection, tho to be honest the main reason I didn't complain much about it is that I didn't switch between them much, I mostly used it wired, BT isn't up to the quality to me with any device, I keep wired whenver possible :)

6. dsrk
    I like your video reviews too, they are short and sweet.

7. twiceboss
    hey guys, ive been loving xcan so far. I bought it new from amazon and it has usb C so i believe it's V3. Just wanna know if there is any good DAP synergy with its size to be paired with. I saw some DAP like Hiby R3 that has balance and almost same size of xcan but doesnt have streaming services. I want to find a good synergy with the size of xcan and has balance with streaming apps. Is there anything with that specs? couldn't find it yet.

8. ttoan91
    "xCan has white noise itself even in low volume and mute mode during no play." <--- someone noted this before and i have the same problem with my Sony IER-Z1R. I don't know if this is just my unit or xCan's issue. Is there anyone suffer this (this white noise's not loud and hard to hear, but my ears can be very sensitive in the early morning and i can figure it out, the rest of the day is fine)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    twiceboss likes this.
  9. twiceboss
    White noise? It's hiss. Any sensitive iem will suffer on that. I have wide range of iems. Mostly BAs iem will suffer since BAs is sensitive. Not on my Comet though, it's not sensitive idk why..

10. ttoan91
    sony IER-Z1R is hybrid with 2 dynamics and it's spec is 40ohm and 103 dB. I find it a little bit hard to drive from just alone DAP. Let me check this more with another IEM.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    twiceboss likes this.
  11. twiceboss
    Did u connect it with balance 2.5? Balance 2.5 is more noisy than SE. My ex800st will also hiss at balance 2.5 but dead silent on SE.

12. ttoan91
    oh i see i connect it with 2.5 cuz i want full balance from in and out of the xcan. So should i get iematch 2.5mm to cover this??

13. twiceboss
    Yes, if u want to use the 2.5 on sensitive iems, you have no choice but impedance adapter. Impedance is cheaper than iematch but it's all up to you!

14. ttoan91
    Ths for advice, it's ridiculous to buy iematch just to avoid noise due to my sensitive early morning ears (4:00am), listening to music now (9:00am) and i can't hear that noise anymore.

twiceboss likes this.
  15. twiceboss
    My ears are really sensitive, once i hear the hiss, the hiss will bother me till the end. I have iematch for any of those cases. My andros back then is worse than your z1r for sure lol

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29
Next

Last