iFi Audio Products (Various) Upcoming reviews
Apr 1, 2014 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheOneInYellow

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Just a head's up, Vincent from AMR/iFi is gonna visit me today and allow me to check out, and review, some choice iFi gear.
This post is to say that I will review what I can, and to rub it in all your faces.

I'll be updating this thread as time goes on, with pics of course.
I've never done this before, but to meet my ambitions within the audio community I gotta start somewhere.

So, watch this space.

Your welcome.

<3

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 4
Got most of the new gear:
- iFi DAC,
- iFi USB Power,
- iFi Gemini USB cable.

The iFi Purifier will be acquired at a later date.

I'll take pics soon...

Vincent Luke is am amazing guy, and even dropped me off home!

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm on my way to work at the moment, but here are the pics of all three iFi devices still in shrink-wrap.

After work I'll take pics on how I installed the iFi Gemini and iFi iUSBPower to my Lenovo G510 4th Gen laptop.

The first part of my analysis will be these two devices.

The iFi DAC will be tested against my CEntrance HiFi-M8 on the weekend (if all my social, work, etc go well).

My reviews, however, will be weeks ahead, so this will be me just talking generally.

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 4
Hey guys, I am sorry for the lack of anything new; I have a crazy few weeks of home/work issues, and a small bout of depression over a particular something...

Anyway, I have quite a bit to write, but I need to brush up my notes before final posting.

I've pretty much mad my mind up, so a review will occur a lot faster than expected, but I will first post my original analysis and previews before the main review.

For now, here are quick, rough, not well taken pics of my set-up as it stands (Lenovo G510 laptop closed to show where I have put the iFi iUSB Power unit; directly behind it! I was playing Journey's Frontier's RedBook album at the time ^^).

Enjoy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back