iFi audio Pro iDSD (Official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.
Dec 2, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #781 of 2,185
There is no version available in their site. All firmware versions come from contacting iFi Support.

You might already be on v1.60 though, that’s why I asked if you could check and confirm..

I'm on the beta, so I can't tell you what I had before

but there is most definitely firmware on their site. in the downloads section, there are firmware downloads.

one specifically says:

"Do NOT use on the Pro iDSD. The Pro iDSD has this firmware inbuilt and does not need the update."

that's labelled as 5.30C

Dec 2, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #782 of 2,185
I'm on the beta, so I can't tell you what I had before

but there is most definitely firmware on their site. in the downloads section, there are firmware downloads.

one specifically says:

"Do NOT use on the Pro iDSD. The Pro iDSD has this firmware inbuilt and does not need the update."

that's labelled as 5.30C

5.3 applies to the micro iDSD line... the warning to not use Pro iDSD firmware is there because there is no firmware for the Pro iDSD available on the site (as I mentioned)... we haven't reached v5.x for Pro iDSD yet... we're only up to v2.0 at the moment and that's beta as you know...

The "Do NOT use on the Pro iDSD" is one hint that there are no firmware downloads available for Pro iDSD yet, as is:

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 11.40.46 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 11.43.30 am.png

Anyway if you're having issues with the beta it's no surprise so as I already mentioned before, it might be worth asking iFi Support for v1.6 and testing.... just a friendly suggestion. It may not fix your issues but it may...

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #783 of 2,185
The USB issue still exists with v1.60.

I can get it to happen very easily: Listen to 10+ minutes. Hit pause. Wait a minute, try to resume. My device no longer recognizes the iDSD pro. Any other device (computer, phone, etc) will not recognize the iDSD.

Once I restart the iDSD, these devices recognize it

So it's like pausing the audio to the unit somehow disables the USB

I'm returning the unit for a refund

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #785 of 2,185
Which version came with your unit though? v1.5? v1.55? v1.60?

The reason I asked is that I was having these issues with v1.55 and v2.0 beta... I've now got v1.60 and so far so good...

Might be with asking iFi for v1.60 and testing...

Same with @bluesaint and @youurayy ?
yeah 2.0 and 1.55 has the issue for me. i guess i'll try 1.6

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #786 of 2,185
The USB issue still exists with v1.60.

I can get it to happen very easily: Listen to 10+ minutes. Hit pause. Wait a minute, try to resume. My device no longer recognizes the iDSD pro. Any other device (computer, phone, etc) will not recognize the iDSD.

Once I restart the iDSD, these devices recognize it

So it's like pausing the audio to the unit somehow disables the USB

I'm returning the unit for a refund

Bummer, sorry to hear that. I've been luckier - v1.6 firmware has been rock solid for everything for me (fortunately).

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #787 of 2,185
So I have an issue - Audirvana Plus doesn't see Pro iDSD UPNP as a DSD compatible device..

Dec 3, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #788 of 2,185
So I have an issue - Audirvana Plus doesn't see Pro iDSD UPNP as a DSD compatible device..

Shows and plays for me.

Which firmware?

The latest 'stable' firmware has been rock solid for me (v1.60), compared with the earlier releases. The beta v2.0 has had issues but that's expected, being a beta.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 2.18.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 2.21.10 pm.png

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #789 of 2,185
V2.0 beta

Did you by any chance connect it via USB before?

I found that I managed to fix this on Audirvana by direct connecting to USB first. This allowed Audirvana to identify its DSD functions then when I connected via UPNP it now saw it as a DSD device.

But I’m using on a new MBP retina with USBC so I’ll need to find an adaptor.

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #790 of 2,185
V2.0 beta

Did you by any chance connect it via USB before?

I found that I managed to fix this on Audirvana by direct connecting to USB first. This allowed Audirvana to identify its DSD functions then when I connected via UPNP it now saw it as a DSD device.

But I’m using on a new MBP retina with USBC so I’ll need to find an adaptor.

Nah, I didn't need to connect by USB first.

Is that WiFi for you or ethernet cable? For me it was ethernet cable. Haven't tried WiFi.

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #791 of 2,185
WiFi. Bedside table. I might try wired.

The other device I had this issue with was Chord Poly and that was WiFi only.

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #793 of 2,185
Update - USB from MBP Retina 2016 touchbar to iFi Pro iDSD, no DSD reflected on Audirvana 3.1

I am beginning to hate Audirvana. Every time there is an issue, they blame the hardware. blah blah blah non standard blah blah blah

But companies like JRiver still work with the same components without any hiccups. JRiver sends DSD via network/app or USB to the Pro iDSD or to my Chord Poly/Mojo.

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #795 of 2,185
Just to be clear - you're still talking about Audirvana > UPnP > Pro iDSD?

Or you're now talking about a direct USB cable connection to Pro iDSD?

I tried it via WiFi first and then via USB to see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back