iFi Audio nano iDSD Black Label (TOUR details - PAGE 12 / TOUR participants - page 26 post #386)
Nov 5, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #77 of 1,008
Yeah
are you playing MQA with Tidal? Was also browsing the manual and below is what i saw.

The color doesn't follow in which App you're in but the audio format it's current playing - that's at least my understanding. The one that changes colors per connection is the new FiiO Q5.
are you playing MQA with Tidal? Was also browsing the manual and below is what i saw.

The color doesn't follow in which App you're in but the audio format it's current playing - that's at least my understanding. The one that changes colors per connection is the new FiiO Q5.

Yes. Using playing MQA on Tidal.

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #79 of 1,008
Desktop or phone?

In the desktop app you need to select pass through MQA and Exclusive too.

tidal.PNG

The phone apps still don't currently support MQA

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #82 of 1,008
OK, did you try deselecting the MQA passthrough option and playing an MQA track.

Perhaps like the DFR the PC needs to do the first unfold, if that doesn't work then perhaps the iFi Nano BL is MQA ready only and like the DFR will require a firmware update to actually support MQA

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #84 of 1,008
OK, did you try deselecting the MQA passthrough option and playing an MQA track.

Perhaps like the DFR the PC needs to do the first unfold, if that doesn't work then perhaps the iFi Nano BL is MQA ready only and like the DFR will require a firmware update to actually support MQA

still the same. sent an email already to ifi support asking about this.

Nov 5, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #86 of 1,008
Something like the iDSD nano BL is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for! My only niggle would be 3.5mm out VS standard RCA. But hey, dual mono Burr-Brown? Yes please!!

:metal::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nov 5, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #87 of 1,008
I've had the Micro BL and Mojo on my 'to consider' list for some time but was always thrown off a little at the Micro's footprint. I love the smaller size of the Nano BL. My list just got a lot more interesting...

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #89 of 1,008
So I got a reply to my Email that I need to install a firmware update to get MQA. The light will stay GREEN though for now until another update. Hopefully this resolves it as MQA is one of the main reasons I got this.
Is it supposed to be a MQA decoder, or just a renderer. Dragonfly red/black is a renderer. If it's a decoder, that will allow for streaming MQA with UAPP on Android. That's what I'm hoping for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back